1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

voice conversation sound

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by aldxar, Jul 6, 2007.

1. aldxar

aldxar Member

hi, my friends and i are having this problem, it started when we all play online games together using xfire, we found out that they can hear my pc's sounds like its on their own pc, its annoying especially when playing games like counter strike source, because if im on the other team, they can hear me, and my foot steps sound, it is not fair during games cos of that, also if i want to play game and listen to music, they can also hear the music on my pc, they said they dont like it, now is there anyone who can help me solve this problem? cos i cant hear their pc, and they dont want to hear mine, they told me its very noisy when we play since they can hear my pc's background aswel, im sure there is ways to fix, help plz!

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

open your voume control and move the microphone slider all the way to the bottom.

3. aldxar

aldxar Member

on my microphone properties, there are 2 things, microphone and microphone boost, so which one are you talking about?

microphone is on 100 now, i think i need to use that to speak or people wont hear me, and microphone boost is on +20 db, and i can see the green bar on the right moving now im playing music on pc, is that the reason my friends can hear my pc when in voice convo?

thank you for helping btw!

4. aldxar

aldxar Member

btw, i just checked on my old pc, which is XP, i see the microphone thing on the volume control, but the pc im using is Vista, and it doesnt have volume control, only volume mixer, so any idea how?

5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I did a Google, for "Vista microphone volume", and it seems that many people have this problem! That it is a fault in Vista! If you can find Vista drivers for your sound hardware there may be a mixer app which will do what you want.