1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem voices on jet audio sound as though they are under water

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by kookie56, Dec 11, 2016.

1. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I fixed my jet audio so I can get the voices as well as the background sounds, but the voices sound as though they are under water.
    My jet audio version is 8.1.5.10314 Plus. I am using windows 10. I never had this problem on windows 7.
    This is my preferred player.
    Can anyone help me? I would appreciate any help.
    Thank you.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I have never heard of the app except that someone else had an issue which no one replied to. It is surprisingly easy to screw up audio big time. I have converted a fine audio file to a different format and the converted format had intermittent cracking noise so loud it would hurt your ears and probably bust the speakers if played for very long. I try to use top of the line audio utilities to avoid problems.

What makes jet audio your preferred player?

3. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I like Jet audio because of the way I can choose playing choices, such as forwarding 20sec. at a time.
    There is nothing wrong with the videos. They play fine with other programs. It is only on the jet audio that I have the problem. There is no voice sound at all, or the voices sound as though they are under water. Can you help?
    The sound is fine for avi or mp4. I only have the voice problem when playing a mkv video
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  4. Mez

Mez Active member

Navigation for audio books is a major issue.

I suggest trying to play the problem file with another player and see what happens. Does Jet use its own audio DLLs?

The issue is likely in the DLL you use to play the audio. If you convert to another format you will need to use a different DLL to play the file.

5. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

I tried something today. I uninstalled my jet audio and my klite codec pack, I then installed the oldest jet audio I had. Everything played fine. But when I installed the upgraded version of jet audio, it would not play the mkv file at all, until I reinstalled the klite codec pack. However, the sound problem was back. There were no voices, only the background sound. It will play avi and mp4 with no problem, but voice problems when playing mkv.
    I have used jet audio on all my computers. It played fine on win 98, win xp, win 7. I recently bought a new desktop and a new laptop with win 10. Now I am having the problem. I tried using compatibility to change it to something else it played on, but it did not help.
    I am about to pull my hair out!!! I am not an expert at computers (as I am sure you can tell), but I can usually fix a problem if I get some help.
    I hope you can help.
    Thank you for answering and trying to help.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Your experimentation answered all my questions. You are using Jet codex which is not right. They are the only ones to fix your problem. Your problem is their development error. The codex for each type of file format (file extension) are in files with the file extension DLL (Dynamic Linked Library). Each codex library has the same functions but the code in the functions are specific to the file type they are playing. There is something wrong in the play frame function for the codex you are trying to use. Jet will need to make a new corrected version of the codex that is giving you a problem. As a temporary fix you can convert what ever file format that isn't working to a different format. Jet will use a different codex to play the different file type. It is unlikely the other codex will have the same problem.

7. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

Thank you for your help. I guess I will have to wait for newer version and try again. Thank you again for your help.

8. Mez

Mez Active member

No I would try to complain to them. If you do not it, might not be fixed in the new version.

Go to http://www.jetaudio.com/ and call or email customer service. It is right there on the first page of their web site. Companies rely on customer feed back to catch bugs they missed. It is probably been reported but it would be wrong not to report it yourself. I program for a living. We expect feed back but I don't think I would have let something this big slip by me. Who knows, maybe your problem is an environment variable or something else you can change. If it is the codex maybe it has already been fixed and you could beta test it.