1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

voltage value out of magicgate memory slot?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by CGETC726, Jan 2, 2008.

1. CGETC726

CGETC726 Member

I have a multi console AV to VGA converter box that works by connecting directly to PS2 or xbox or gamecube av connector on what ever console you are using. when using for a PS2 it has a 2nd cable that plugs into memory card slot to power converter box. it works fine for a original PS2 but not the new slim model since the magicgate on slim model has locked down on only allowing properly encrypted devices like PS2 memory cards. I need to know what that voltage out of memory card/magic gate slot is to wire up an external power supply to VGA converter box thru the 2nd cable mentioned above so it will power up. I am guessing it is 4-6 VDC but want to make sure so as not to fry my VGA box. if all eles fails I will use a meter to try and measure voltage out of an original PS2 console assuming the voltage is always present and not activated by card being inserted which would prevent getting leads to contacts with card in the way

alex

2. CGETC726

CGETC726 Member

I figured it out.

if you number the memory card connector left to right as

1 2 3----4 5 6----7 8

1-4 and 7-8 are 3.46~3.47 VDC to ground(with pin 5 wired to ground-(5 to gnd=2.2 ohms and 1-4 and 6-8 read as open)

6 to gnd or pin 5 reads 7.99 VDC so I assume that is the power source for memory card and 1-4 and 7 and 8 are the data paths and 5 as chassis ground. now I just need to wire a multiple voltage AC to DC adapter to memory card dongle and use the 7.5VDC option and it should power up the AV/VGA converter mentioned in original post.

Alex