1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volume Mods

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DJchemist, Mar 4, 2007.

1. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

Do they exist? i can't stand it..i got a sick pair of DJ earphones i want to use...but like..it SUCKS!.. if i use them in my sisters ipod...they work great..but on the psp...the volume is so low!?

is there a volume mod that outputs more power to it? like..i can understand it limits it so it dosn't blow the speakers when the earphones arn;t pluged in..but.. when they are plugged in..there should be a totally different volume control..

its really annoying me.. so if anyone knows of one..holla
    i want full power to my earphones !!

and no i don't want a volume bar mod to change the looks..i want a physical mod so it outputs mroe power !..thanks pplz

2. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Dude i seriousley feel your pain! But as far as i know there is no way to diable the volume limiter other than making sure AVS and Dynamic Normalizer are disabled.

This is the reason i have to have a seperate Mp3 player :(

3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

I've nevr understood why so many people go on about this, just how load do you want it ????

With my headphone sin the PSP is plenty load enough, maybe you're all deaf :)

4. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Lets just say i listen to music well above the reccomended level :p

5. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

you're not deaf, are you? heheheh :D
    anyway, there's always a solution if you want to have a louder volume.
    1st, make sure to have the highest kbps when you convert that to an mp3/wma sound. so far it's 320kbps for the mp3 and 192kbps for the wma. if still not satisfied, i'd say do it the hard way:
    use sound recorder and record the song. through a line-in(from a cd/mp3 player) or the stereo mix(non-wav, pc playback) or through the wav(pc-playback, wav format). in your volume control under the recording properties. make sure that the other unnecessary recording sources are muted. there, you can increase or decrease the desired volume. make sure to save it as a wav format with a quality of PCM 44.1kHz,16bit,stereo. and finally convert it into a mp3/wma and paste it to your psp's music directory. then boom that would make a deaf out of you. it takes patience but it's worth it.

6. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Going the heavy metal concerts for nigh on 10 years does that too ya :p

I tired something similar to that using iTunes to up the output volume of the file itself, it works but the PSP kicks out massive distortion, the volume limit is probabley there purley because the PSP's sound is weak-ass.

7. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

^so far w/ that guide, i seldom hear some distortions. you should try it mate.. :)

8. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Cool i will ty :)

9. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

i totally can't hear anything when i'm outdoors. i couldn't even hear the sound of the cars in the streets. and since it's just too loud for me, i would often reduce some 1/4 of the volume and it's still loud for me. plus, it haven't even maxed the volume recording. it was just half. how much more if i maxed it out. oh yeah, i guarantee you there are no distortions to it. :)

10. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

i think difrent headphones have diffrent volum, i have two headphones, the original psp headphones and one from sony.
    on the original ones, i cant hear anything when im outside and have the full volume, on the others i have it to like half volume and its loud enough that i cant hear anything aroun me...

11. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

The sony ones actually have a volume limiter built into them, it says in the manual. :)

12. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

yea..they re crap

13. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

amen to that lol

14. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

i can hardly hear them when everything is absolute qiute XD

15. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Heh i remember when i got my first PSP, i got it from a mall and by the time i got back to the car i'd already thrown them in the bin :p

16. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

yeah, i've noticed them too. i bought a new sony earphone and they're quite louder than that of the psp. :)

17. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

not deaf, it just dosn't out put the right power to me new headphones.....tis royal mayness

sorry its been so long since i replyed... broke my hand and typ[ing is a royal pain in the ass with just one hand :(

18. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

so you wanna feel the bass and treble huh? how about an altec lancing earphones.. :D

19. yohex

yohex Guest

They have a set maximuim sound so you won't kill the speakers built in on your psp, if you want louder music, buy better dj head phones that allow you to adjust there own volume. Like my wicked ass sony ones lol =D