1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vpn connection with ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by thepog233, Jan 12, 2010.

1. thepog233

thepog233 Guest

hi peopple i am trying to get my vpn connection working on my ps3 so ican view uk tv.
    my vpn server is lamnia and the ps3 is wired to my belkin n1 modem router the pc works fine with the vpn but the ps3 still connects to the net as normal i have been looking at this issue for weeks im starting to think i should just get another cpu and connect that way the ultimate goal in all of this is to get the ps3 to connect to the vpn network so i can watch the bbc on the big screen in the living room please help!

2. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

Dont think it will work.

Probably best idea is to install Linux onto your PS3 and set it up that way.

Cant you just use the BBC iPlayer on your PS3?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  3. thepog233

thepog233 Guest

afraid not , im in australia i use the lamina vpn to make the iplayer think im based in the uk. the cpu works fine, but the ps3 still connects as normal, that is to say, the cpu connects to google uk but the ps3 still thinks im in australia.

4. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

Wow that is an awesomely unique question. If I was you, first thing I would try after all that would be to bridge your pc connection and connect to the internet using the computer as a gateway...?

So it would be PS3 > PC > Router > NET. Worth a shot if your VPN makes your pc think its in UK.

5. thepog233

thepog233 Guest

i have seen this mentioned when i googled it but to be honest whilst im not a newbie the whole thing of setting my cpu as a gateway is beyond me
    a idiot guide on how to do this would be fantastic belkin n1 modem router and windows7 help guys

6. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

To bridge your connection, first thing you will need to do is to check if your pc has 2 ethernet ports at the back. You will definately have 1 so just make sure there is another one (even if you don't just let me know as you can easily add one).

As for bridging the connection so that the ps3 can connect through the win7, click on Start then control panel, then Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center and then on the left panel click on change adapter settings.

Once you have done that, click on the 2 connections you want to bridge by holding down ctrl or dragging the mouse. (The 2 should be the 2 local area connections, and NOT the local area connection and internet).

After they are both highlighted right click on one of them and select bridge connections and it should be done.

Then just connect your ps3 into the free ethernet port and auto detect the connection settings on your ps3.

7. thepog233

thepog233 Guest

sorry 4 quick reply m8 goi9ng to work only one ethernet port on the cpu plenty on the belkin though

what about the possibility of streaming from the media centre to the ps3???

thx