1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR MODE

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by vrmode, Aug 18, 2003.

1. vrmode

vrmode Member

hi,i want to learn abut VR Mode.
    does anyone know where i can find articles?
    ineed both technical,detailed and general ones...ineed everything about vr mode!!!

thx.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Never heard of it mate. What are you referring to exactly when you say 'mode'?

3. vrmode

vrmode Member

sorry for the lack of information.
    i'm lookin for DVD VR(Video Recording) mode.
    It is one of the formats of the DVD Video formats.
    i think this will be clearer...

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I presume you are referring to a specific burning rom programme which you are using? If so which is it and what do you need to know?

5. vrmode

vrmode Member

actually,you are wrong.
    i am talking about standard of dvdforum
    DVD-RAM & DVD-RW uses VR standard and i want to learn about it!!
    no progs,
    it is a standard..

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I think you will find that there is not much to learn about VR since it is simply a standard kept by all DVD disc producers, a bit like the acceptable standard of a VHS tape sold in the shops. It is just a quality standard which manufacturers are supposed to keep to. All DVD blank discs are designed to record either data or video so the video mode is already set for use as standard when applied. I suggest you do a search on Google if you want to learn more about this.

7. mhatip

mhatip Member

hey mates..lol
    ahh VR MODE..
    yeah i dealt with thouse before.. aren't they Virtual Reality MODE mission in Metal Gear Solid for PC version.. i played them before.. and they are so cool.. LOL.. i am really good at them VR missions.. lol... ok ok.. I'm just kidding. I'll stop now, and get back to business. VR mode recording or (used by stand alone DVD Recorders (like Pioneers DVR-7000), to fit content of more than 2 hours of recording on DVD-RW media. When the recording is done on the DVD-RW there are two files stored on the Media. Filename.IFO and Filename.VRO . The IFO is just like any other DVD IFO file and the VRO is the file that containes the Recorded Video. I think PowerDVD or ASUSDVD programs can play VRO content. But if you want to convert the VRO to MPEG file, you can Use Sonic MyDVD or one of the programs to extract the MPEG from VRO, and then process it like any other MPEG files. This is the rough information i know about VR MODE, i only did it once to record in VR mode. It is abit time consuming, but it does work.

Anyways, thats all Mates.. and taken it easy.

Metin.

8. Discmania

Discmania Active member

There may be some confusion lurking here. IFO (ISO) is just the format of the video folder containing the video data to be recorded. VR standard is what I've referred to above but VR mode is infact a standard set by Pioneer for the DVD-RW for use with their standalone DVD recorders and does not refer to PC drives. Find more info here: http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/510-about-recordable-dvd.html

Last edited: Aug 21, 2003