1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSO DivxtoDVD audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by wish_bone, Apr 10, 2005.

1. wish_bone

wish_bone Guest

When I converted my AVI files using VSO DivxtoDVD I play them again and they have no sound. Is there something else that I need to do or am I just doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PS I am new here and new at burning

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

I found a slow burning speed worked better with this program

gringle.

3. wish_bone

wish_bone Guest

I haven't actually burned anything yet. It just has no audio when I play it on my computer.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

This is Probably because the audio in your AVI files was "VBR Mp3" in which case most encoders will either not be able to read the audio at all or encodeing it but totally out of Sync...

To fix this Probles you should "Allways" decompress the audio in your AVI files before encodeing them to DVD....

If you PM me with your E-Mail address I can send you a Little tool that will decompress the audio in your AVI files so you don"t have this Problem again....

Also make sure when you Playback the Video_TS folder that you have the proper Dolby AC3 decoders Installed so your PC can read the audio in the Video_TS folder...Installing a Good Software DVD Player Like WinDVD or PowerDVD will also install the Correct decoders Pluss they are much better at Playing Mpeg-2/DVD Files than Media Player is....

Cheers

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

divxtodvd makes the sound ac3 does your player know to play this sound type - FIRST? or is it second audio which needs turning over to first type...

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Just to know which audio streams you have: open the AVI with VirtualDubMod, then do Stream___Stream List.
    Probably that AVI hasn't a VBR MP3 sound (it makes the resulting mpeg go out-of-sync, doesn't make the audio stream diappear), but a compressed audio stream that your encoder cannot load (since a 'mute' output movie).
    Once we understood what that stream is, we can correct it (click Demux in VDubMod; probably you cannot, if the sound is AC3, make a WAV stream), load that stream with HeadAC3he and convert it to WAV.
    After you can load with an application capable to take an audio input different from your AVI, put it in another AVI which has the same video, but the new sound (you can compress the WAV or leave that WAV stream as it is and make a new AVI, if it used only as a temporery file, if will be a large AVI, but only for few hours). If you manage to decompress the stream make that AVI with VDUbMod:
    - Video___Direct Stream Copy
    - Stream___Stream List___Disable the old/Add a new
    - Save (F7)

Use THIS .AVI for your conversions.

Ah, don't tell me I don't work for you. A suggesstion for correcting this issue was already posted in the 'sticky' thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 . It's you people, who never read them!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005