1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSO DivxtoDVD frame drop problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by titus355, Apr 4, 2005.

1. titus355

titus355 Member

I have been using this program to turn my avi files into vob to go onto dvds, it works great and is much faster than doing the process manually. The issue I have is, when I am trying to convert an avi, it has been chopping out frames due to error on the frame. I have a bunch of avis that have enuff frame being dropped it is causing the audio to be way out of sync with the video. I have watched one of these all the way through with media player, and I see nothing wrong. Is there a way to turn off this dropping of frames? I really don't want to convert these 12 avis manually it will take forever. Thanks.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If the Frames are Corrupted then there is no way to get them Back...

Media Player will just Omit Corrupted Frames when Decodeing a file so you generally will not see anything in Media player that will show the Bad Frames...

Pluss if these Frames are Truely corrupted then all encoders will either Skip the Frame or simply Crash...

Are you sure it is a Bad Frame problem?? Because if your AVI files use "VBR MP3" audio then they will go out of Sync after encodeing unless you decompress the audio first....

To Find out if the audio is VBR Mp3 just load the AVI file into "Virtual-Dub" and it will tell you right away if the audio is VBR Mp3....

Also there are other encoders that are Just as Fast as VSO DivXtoDVD but Produce much better quality at a lower Bitrate Like the "MainConcept Encoder" and "CinemaCraft Encoder" are just as Fast and CinemaCraft is Probably even faster with Much better quality than VSO....

Cheers

3. titus355

titus355 Member

Well I put theavi into VirtualDub and got this message, "VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVIfile and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 11052 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the entire audio stream to an ucompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 106.6 ± 18.6 kbps). Never seen that before. I would imagine I need to use VirtualDub to rip the audio into its own WAV, what do I use for a constant bitrate encoder? This is a little more than I knew how to do, lol.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well this is exactly what i said was Probably the Problem...

This Part of the Message tells you how far out of sync the audio will be:

If you PM me with your e-mail address I can send you a Little Tool that will turn your AVI with Compressed VBR Mp3 audio into an AVI file with Uncompressed wav audio which should Fix your Problem....

Or you can try decompressing the audio useing Virtual-Dub...
    To do this in Virtual-Dub first load in your AVI file and go to 'eo" and set it to "Direct stream copy" and then go to "Audio" and set it to "Full processing Mode" and then go to "file" to "Save as AVI" and give the File and Name and Save it and in a Few Minutes you will have an AVI file (which will be much Bigger because of the decompressed audio but this has no effect on how big it will be after encodeing) that you can encode without sync problems (Hopefully because Virtual-Dub will not allways work properly but %95 of the Time it does)

Cheers