1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VSO help needed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PaulBrady, Mar 1, 2005.

1. PaulBrady

PaulBrady Member

Hey guys

I have VSO DivXtoDVD and CopyToDVD which i used to convert my avi films into DVD and then burn onto a disc.

That was easy until my trial period with CTD run out, and as i'm pretty skint i can't afford to buy the programme.

I tried to work around it by converting the films the normal way, and then burning with Nero but the film ended up with no audio. I also can't burn films that are in 2 parts as the file names are the same, and when i edit them they're not acceptable on Nero.

So, i need help.

Anyone know a way to get CopyToDVD again, on a trial basis?

Or a different way around it?

Cheers

2. JGringo

JGringo Guest

If you have Nero you don't need CopytoDVD. Nero should work fine. I don't know why you didn't get audio, maybe check your settings in VSO. I've made many DVD's with this process and no problems. Your problem with movies in two parts can be solved by joining them with Virtual Dub.I think it is available here in the downloads section. The actual file name is nandub.So with virtual dub join your files into one and then use Divx to DVD to convert it. Then use Nero to burn the ts_video folder that Divx to DVD creates.

Good Luck

3. PaulBrady

PaulBrady Member

Thanks for the help.

I've just been linked to another programme to stich the two files together. I'm going to do it now, then convert it with DivXToDVD and then burn it with Nero. Hopefully this one will have sound. :)

I'll post up to let ya know what happens.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

if you have nero,wont nero vision express convert the files over?

5. PaulBrady

PaulBrady Member

Right, i maanged to get the film onto disc by stitching the two parts together by using AVI Joiner, then converting using DivxToDVD and then burning using Nero.

The audio is now fine, so that isn't a problem. However the quality of the video is very poor now. Is there any way around this?

6. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

If you are using the latest version of VSO DivXtoDVD you do not need to join the AVI with Video Joiner, since you can now load multiple AVI files in VSO DivXtoDVD.

Just open then in the other, and then convert.
    Will make 1 DVD with all your AVI / MPG in the order they were loaded.

I just hate the interface, hard to see what files were selected and loaded, but hey it's FREE !

My 2 cents worth !