1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VTS playback looks like a tracking problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Manthus_X, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Manthus_X

Manthus_X Member

Hey,

I got a VTS I need to burn, I'm using Copy2DVD.

When I burn it it will play fine on my computer with the cd but when I put it in my DVD player it acts like there is a tracking problem like with old VCR tapes. THe picture jus keeps scrolling up making it impossible to watch. It also looks like its black and white but it's hard to tell with it moving like that.

I know my dvd player plays burnt dvd- no problem as I have other ones that work fine.
    Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,
    Ian

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It sounds like a PAL disc being displayed on an NTSC TV. PAL uses a different color format than NTSC, causing many TVs to ignore the color completely and display the picture in black and white. It also has a higher vertical resolution, causing most NTSC TVs to display the bottom lines from the first frame as the top lines of the next, with each frame getting lower and lower on the screen until, producing a rolling effect.

If that's the problem, you either need to watch it on a TV that's PAL compatible or play it with a DVD player that can convert from PAL to NTSC.