1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"vts_01_4.vob" there is not enough space on disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by schasty, May 21, 2004.

1. schasty

schasty Guest

First, let thank everyone for all the tips. I have a 850 mgz Athlon with 384 meg of ram, winxp home and a plextor 708a dvd + - r/rw, cd-r/rw. I am using the latest version of DVD Shrink and dvdDecryter. With my new Plextor came Roxio easy cd creator 6. I updated the firmware for this software. After reading your message board I changed my file system from fat32 to ntfs. Double checked and my file system is in fact ntfs. Just when the file is almost ripped this error message appears, "vts_01_4.vob" there is not enough space on disk. I have two hard drives, internal/exernal both 40 gig,free space 30 gig nad 8.5 gig. I get this message with every dvd I try to rip. Any ideas?

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

Are you ripping files to a folder or an ISO? If ISO switch to files. Check the Preferences of Shrink to make sure you're making 1Gig VOB files.

later-

3. colw

colw Active member

What program are you using for ripping and in what mode?

Also for DVD ripping Roxio programs can be problemetic for many people as it tends to conflict with other software.

4. schasty

schasty Guest

RWg, I was ripping to ISO, changed that to files. Shrink preferences were set to 1 gig. However I did discover that my usb hard drive which I was ripping to was still fat32 and I have since changed it to ntfs. I am now ripping so we'll see what happens. Thanks a lot for your time. COLW, yes I read that Roxio can be problematic and I've produced several coasters on my r+ discs. It seems that one must get past one problem at a time so we'll see if Roxio can make a successful burn. Thanks for your input.

5. RWG

RWG Regular member

schasty

I've used DVD Shrink on a W98 machine (FAT32) before with no problems. I ripped files to a folder and had Shrink's prefs set to 1Gig VOBs.

It can be done.

6. schasty

schasty Guest

RWG Thanks for the info, I just successfully burned my first dvd. Followed COLW's advice and uninstalled Roxio easy creator 6 and installed a trial version of Nero. Looks like I'll purchase this program. Thanks again COLW.

7. schasty

schasty Guest

RWG Thanks for the info, I just successfully burned my first dvd. Followed COLW's advice and uninstalled Roxio easy creator 6 and installed a trial version of Nero. Looks like I'll purchase this program. Thanks again COLW.