1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VU+ Duo Question

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by siross85, Sep 13, 2012.

1. siross85

siross85 Member

Hi guys,

After the advice from my other thread I took the plunge and bought a VU+Duo.

I've gone through the basic set up and installed a Sly HD bouquet but I was expecting something slightly different.

The bouquet has put all the channels in the order you would see on Sly but starting from channel 1 so BBC is channel 1 rather than 101. Is it possible for the channel number to be replicated fully across to the VU+Duo?

If it helps I transferred the bouquet I'm now using via Dreambox Centre.

Thanks,

Simon

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

i see you have found mr.mister lol.

3. siross85

siross85 Member

Mr.Mister? Don't quite follow.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Yes it is possible but in truth the fascination with the sly bouquet list I don't understand. To do what you want you need to put in dummy channels from 1 to 100 in the VU bouquet. So now you have all your channels corresponding to sly numbers. However the problem is when you go to the bouquet view you need to scroll down 100 dummy channels before you start seeing BBC and other channels. It look crap and is totally unnecessary. Get the missus to learn how to use the remote control (5 minutes) and save yourself untold pain. Cactikids comment is in relation to the fact that you are most likely using Mr Misters bouquet list

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

if you download plugins on the duo,there are many things of use in there,bouquets for single or multi sats,i am still old school i like to do new scans when needed and better do another one as channels have moved again,selecting the all list is like an a - z list because some channels are not on my bouquet.

6. siross85

siross85 Member

That's a good point really, I don't want loads of empty channels! I'll just get used to things, everything is still in order!

Another quick question for you guys.

I want to program the remote but I'm being incredibly stupid. I'm following the instructions until it gets to "use tv code", where are these TV codes? I can't find them anywhere in the manual or online!!

I want to get the remote to turn the tv on and off but use the volume for my AV receiver, is this possible?

Thanks,

Simon

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

on vix image this is press menu, setup, system hdmi-cec and activate this function. personally i find it annoying and have it disabled. the duo remote is designed for a reason and it is very hard for a tv remote to replicate all functions

8. siross85

siross85 Member

I was thinking of the vu remote controlling the tv and about receiver, rather than vice versa.

I think it will be a compromise anyway so may just ask for a harmony one for my birthday in two weeks :)

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

by all accounts the harmony is the bees knees :)

10. Kevez83

Kevez83 Member

download the plugin auto bouquets and it will do that for you and it allow you to put in press the sky number for whatever channel you want and it will go to it. it also leaves all your other bouquets intact also download crossepg if you dont already have it