1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w32/haxdoor.ap@bd virus attached to decryptor 3.5.3

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by katana27, May 3, 2005.

1. katana27

katana27 Member

hello,

i am using my providers virus protection and i am very safe with what i download, i scan all the time, anyways with the latest scan with the latest defintion files all of a sudden my scanner picked up a virus and deleted it. it said the virus was "w32haxdoor.ap@bd" and it deleted my dvd decryptor archive of version 3.5.3.0, nothing else,

i have searched the web and cannot find anything on this virus, could it be that dvd decryptor v. 3.5.3.0 has something that my scanner thinks is a virus?

i have downloaded them from a very reputable site.

(yes, i have the latest version of decryptor)

thanks!

2. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

The reputable site you downloaded from is....?

3. katana27

katana27 Member

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1011845169/1

above is where i got it from.

i have since scanned and found the little bugger hiding in my system restore files...it is now dead, i checked on symantec and they tell you how to remove it from your registry it is W32/haxdoor and not the W32haxdoor.ap@bd that i found but they are similiar and when i check the settings they tell me to erase are not there, so this leads me to believe that either it thinks that version of decryptor was that trojan variant or that i got it before it got me!

anyone else

4. thugs121

thugs121 Regular member

hmmm...interesting...

Safe bet that you won't get a trojan/spyware if you download it from the official website: http://dvddecrypter.com/

Lightning UK! (author of DVD Decrypter) found a version of DVDD thru google and someone had changed the installer, which was not similar to his. Some web sites (such as www.openwares.org) repackage software as their own and post it online making some people think it's an official version. Some (not all) of these software contain spyware/adware. A good example is Peer Guardian2 beta. Some sites repackaged it with spyware/adware.

Hope this clears up some kind of conspiracy...

Last edited: May 3, 2005