1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wabashman for moderator

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by MrXbox90, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

nope i might pick it up tomorow tho im in the mood now lol

2. MrXbox90

MrXbox90 Guest

its cool as hell graphics, if u got patience, get it. u got the wheel? I got the MS one off buy.com for $75, pretty cool deal, the wireless one

3. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Dang ya i wana check into that now hmmm

4. MrXbox90

MrXbox90 Guest

yeah the Logitech force feedback just had too many cords. The MS is better catch it on sale like buy.com

5. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

I dont buy shit online i like to go to the stores themselfs.

6. MrXbox90

MrXbox90 Guest

u can get pretty good deals online though, like no other place would have has the MS wheel for $75 inc tax.

7. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

There are Nascar fans here? Holy...., I thought I was alone there.

Waited all freaking night just for them to say "It will be ran tomorrow (today). Go Kasey Kahne. :p

Anyway, I have nothing to say on wabashman and the modship. Probably because I could care less.

I am a mod on another site and it's a lot like babysitting. That's all i'll say.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

As i am sure he would make a great mod here but you really need to know people and be in tight with the "higher up's" at Afterdawn to get in. I am a mod on another site and have a friend there who is a mod here. When positions opened up he spoke to them about making me a mod since i was here every day answering a ton of questions. But of course nothing ever became of that. So if he were chosen then more power to him.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

now what did this get moved out of the 360 section for, lol, i cant imagine why. now no-one will see it and the revolution will not go as planned. haha

10. ato09

ato09 Member

I personally think he would be a good mod. I mean what is the main job, getting people to stop being retards and asking the same question. I know that he would love to ban people for being stupid and crap like that. I mean why dont they just make him a mod already, you have like 30 replies saying it would be a good thing, how many do you need?

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ato09, mods are usually at addict status of 2500+ posts before they are even asked to be a mod. the position has to be opened 1st before the mods talk to each other & select the people who they think makes a good mod. that info is passed onto drd who makes the final decision as he is the boss & ask that\those potential mod(s) if they want to be a moderator here or not.

12. wabashman

wabashman Active member

well im close to that 2500+ post....only 1286 more or something like that, lol. but back to the nascar topic...at least smoke won one of the races. shoulda let lil busch win though so he could lead all three series, that would have been sweet.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Sounds like fun and all, but the odds are that by the time you would have seriously been considered for a mod position, you won't even post here anymore.

Anybody who has been posting here for long (2004 for me) has fans, and most long-term posters get a thread like this at some point. But it just doesn't happen, fellas. AD takes the title of "moderator" seriously and the qualifications thin the herd rather quickly.

14. ato09

ato09 Member

Ok sorry man, i guess i didnt read up on the FAQ about becoming a mod. Most of the forums that i read have none or one post at best from a mod. So i was just going off that. That and i didnt know anythign else mods did besides boot people. I was just putting my 2 cents out there.

15. ddp

ato09, mods travel all over the site but have specific forums that they visit more often. mine is the pc hardware, general discussions which this forum is in & the windows side of the software section below. if you were to do a search of my nic for all the posts i've done, it can't show them all as i'm just under 36k which might be the site record. sometimes we don't post but will watch or subscribe to a thread that catches our interest for whatever reason. the last time the mods did a selection for new mods resulted in binkie7 & locoeng being selected & asked to be mods. there is talk of there being junior mods postions with limited powers but that is just talk right now. other then that there is no talk about more mods needed at the present moment tho that can always change.

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yup, re subscribed threads, i'm watching 23.5k at the moment, i have eyes everywhere
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm suckin hind tit at 11K....

18. varnull

varnull Guest

hehehehehe.. warned ya ;)

19. Ripper

Ripper Active member

What did I miss? Were they giving out mod status again? Where's mine?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  20. ddp

what makes you think you deserve 1?