1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wait, but which kind of lumines do i need, and how do i tell the difference?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by austin420, Jul 30, 2007.

1. austin420

austin420 Member

okay i have finally figured out that i need lumines to downgrade my 3.50 firmware psp to 1.50. but i need to know what the difference between an unpatched and patched one is. can someone tell me the difference plz...thx

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

So far you shoudln't need to worry, they have started selling patched versions in Japan, but i don't think they've started doing this in the UK or US yet, even if they have, few will be this new kind.

I'm not sure how to check just from the packaging if it's patched or unpatched, but once you put the UMD into your psp, the unpatced will have firmware update 3.50 on it, the patched will have 3.51 or 3.52 (not sure which)

3. Seclude

Seclude Member

Don't worry about it. It's nothing to be concerned about right now. Just make sure you have an English version of Lumines 1 for the PSP. No special editions or Lumines 2, just Lumines 1, the original.

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Actually, it's confirmed you can use the Greatest Hits version as well as the original.

5. Seclude

Seclude Member

Oh yeah? That's pretty fortunate actually.

6. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yea, the original is pretty hard to come by now :)

7. Seclude

Seclude Member

Oh yeah, believe me, I know that first hand unfortunately! Haha.

Bought mine on eBay from someone who didn't know how in demand it was for 15 bucks and resold it on eBay myself with a printed tutorial on downgrading and links to the needed tools for the same price I got it and noticed 2 weeks later it was on eBay again, this time with my tutorial, though they were selling it for 45 dollars, bastards.

8. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Haha, pretty unlucky :p