1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall *E (Pixar) - Success !

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by iluvendo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I can't believe that this thread is still going. I thought this was an easy one. Made a few corrections with the new PgcEdit and that was it.

2. bryston

bryston Regular member

Yes, it is still going strong. After all, it is a popular movie !

Jo

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It's easy for those who know how. For those relying on the regular software like AnyDVD, it's been difficult. From what I've seen, only a limited few programs will decrypt it, plus not many programs can transcode it properly if Full DVD is chosen. It's pretty much a full DVD9 with the extras and not many programs handle 50% compression well. Seems the software vendors haven't done a good job of updating for WALL*E yet.

I didn't try DVDFab because the RI4M did it. Plus I've damaged videos ripping with DVDFab. For some reason it changes the bitrate and causes some scenes to appear washed out. I remember the big station scene in one of the Bourne movies looked horrible when done with DVDFab. I hope they got it straightend out, but I've not trusted the program since. They just pulled a dumb claim on the last version. They claimed they updated for Bangkok Dangerous. I noticed the title had brackets, <>, <Bangkok Dangerous>. All I had to do is rename the output file without the brackets and RI4M did that one as well. Using brackets to mess with the recording software has been around for a while. Maybe they didn't get it before. LOL Seems a lot of users wrote off RI4M before it was outdated.

4. mancislan

mancislan Regular member

Hello,
    I have been trying to rip Wall-E using DVDFab 5058, DVDFab 4120 and also DVDFab 5220. All of them have found reading errors after ripping 49%. I am not sure of what the problem might be, since many of you have ripped it just fine with versions 5058 and 4120.
    The surface of the DVD seems fine, but could it be that there is something wrong with this disc?
    Thanks!

5. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Latest dvdfab is 5230. Update and try again.

6. mancislan

mancislan Regular member

Thanks for the info.
    I tried with a different copy and it worked just fine. I am now sure that the first disc that I tried to back up was damaged. Thanks again!

7. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Anytime. The bad press' seems to appear more often now, as they outsource to different regions (and countries) to manufacture their dvds and their quality control measures have dropped enormously.

8. 2leftfeet

2leftfeet Member

I tried Imgburn didnt work
    I tried NTI didnt work
    I tried Dvdshrink 3.2 didnt work

DvdFab HD Decrypter 5.1.0.0 DID WORK
    Think I'll have to compress it before I burn it (I have to do that now with most newly released dvds).

Thank you everyone for your comments on this forum cause I did my research before attempting to burn it.

9. july09

july09 Guest

Hello Everyone...

Thx for your information....

10. bryston

bryston Regular member

No thank you for the spam in your siggie

11. fwupow

fwupow Member

You CAN use DVD Decrypter to rip WALL-E!

Here's the secret formula:
    1. USE IFO mode
    2. Select ONLY VTS_07 PGC 1 [01:38:12] (all others are fake)
    3. Uncheck bad cells 3-8

(Note: I like to split the output VOBs by chapter but sometimes the layer switch can cause problems with my recoding. Nice thing about DVD Decrypter is control over many settings. Go to "Tools" menu and click on "settings" then "IFO" tab and change "file splitting" if you have troubles.)

I tried using DVDFab HD Decrypter but it butchered out several frames of video in 3 to 4 different places, which caused my DIVX Author to drop the sound and foul it's britches.

I can't believe how most everyone still farts about with burning disks.

See what you need to do is get yourself a Philips DVD player with USB 2.0. Then you can hook up a hard drive (2TB max) provided it's formatted in FAT32 and play every movie you've got without getting up off the sofa!

I rip all my DVD's to VOB and recode 'em to DIVX.

For portability I copy them to a USB thumb-drive.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  12. dgdsa

dgdsa Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  13. Albireo88

Albireo88 Guest

I'm trying to re-back up my copy of this movie but for some reason,what was working before doesn't seem to be now. I've been using DVDFab 6 recently, but that can't seem to open the disk. So I went back to DVDFab HD 4, which I swear was the version I used the first time and also what people in this thread say works best best, but it can't seem to open the disk either. Am I missing something? Maybe new editions of teh DVD have better protection?

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

You don't need to use such programs to re-backup a copy (though you can of course, you just don't need to as the protection is already removed).
    All that's needed is basic Windows Explorer's copy and paste of the VIDEO_TS folder to the hard drive, then burn the movie as ou normally would.

15. Albireo88

Albireo88 Guest

The problem is is that i no longer have the video_ts, just the disk.

16. creaky

The disc has the VIDEO_TS folder (as long as the disc was burnt correctly ie in DVD video mode)...

...or if the disc was burnt in data file mode then just copy the files as i suggested..

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  17. Albireo88

Albireo88 Guest

I should have said the disk i have is the retail version. My backup is the one I no longer have.

18. creaky

..in which case you're back to DVDFab. Or more specifically try ripping on a friend's PC as there's no reason why DVDFab wouldn't work ie your drive probably just can't read the disc. Or you could try the 21 day trial of AnyDVD - http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html (but if DVDFab doesn't work it's highly unlikely that AnyDVD anyway).

19. Albireo88

Albireo88 Guest

Well the disk has picked up a scratch or two... I haven't watched it recently so I dunno how effected it is but that may be the reason?

20. creaky

..only if you get errors...