1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall *E (Pixar) - Success !

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by iluvendo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. bryston

bryston Regular member

According to Slysoft, Anydvd was rewritten to not include fixvts algorithm when fixvts was no longer supported. The new Anydvd algorithm corrects many things that fixvts did before.

Jo

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Active member

I wasnt sure what to call the bug. Thats why I called it Fixvts capability. Is it simply a structure issue? Or is it just another attempt to thwart people from backing up whats theirs? LOL... I know there are people out there that utilize the software for illegal uses. Im still somewhat of a newbie. Been backing up my dvds for about 6 yrs, but I read up on ALOT more than just dvd technology. Im an aspiring writer for instance.

3. bryston

bryston Regular member

Try using fixvts in place w/o backup

4. mgray69

mgray69 Member

Well for what it's worth, DVDShrink can NOT read the files now after FixVTS did it's thing. Good thing it made a back up, and DVDShrink can read those.

Any idea what's going on?

5. schenckb

schenckb Member

Tried a number of different ways with this thing... I can see the movie just fine after ripping with DVDFab 5. When I go to play, however, the player just sits there (XBOX360). On a cheap DVD player, the titles are out of sequence.

VobBlanker and FixVTS didn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

6. 7fallen

7fallen Member

i'm having some problems with the final product. it rips, it works, only the menu doesn't come up initially, it only shows up after the movie is done playing. the menu call button brings me to the beginning of the fbi warnings before playing through the movie again. the links in the menu go to the right places. I used dvdfab hd 4.1.2.0, and use vlc to play the movie. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Active member

are you Burning to an RW? The living room player at my house, sticks its nose up at RW's in almost the same way your experiencing. I only use RW's for experimentation, Never the final product. :D

8. 7fallen

7fallen Member

i haven't burned it at all, i have the raw files on my computer, and i use vlc to play those files. i just can't understand why the menu is in the wrong place

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

After ripping with Dvd Fab (which has updated since 4.1.2.0, just so you're aware) run the files through either FixVts or VobBlanker.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

RI4M and Rebuilder

I got a bunch of warnings, but ignored them. For the huge size, I cleared some older video files to make way. Once I didn't get the warning the drive didn't have enough space, RI4M continued to run in 1 Click until the cleanup. It gave a scratched disk warning and did I want to clean the disk and retry the rip. I ignored the warnings and allowed the cleanup to proceed and the files opened in Shrink. In Shrink there is a red segment to the compression bar telling it's oversized for Shrink to compress. No problem since I'm using Rebuilder. The ripped files for WALL E were about 8.83GB when RI4M finished. Open the files in Rebuilder and encode and the job is done, if you set it to burn with ImgBurn. Otherwise, burn the output manually when Rebuilder completes.

I recorded the entire DVD and watched the movie and a few of the extras. No flaws and all the navigation controls worked. As long as a person has a drive large enough with enough free space to prevent the warnings, WALL E is doable with the old freeware.

11. 7fallen

7fallen Member

7thsinger,
    neither of those worked, i ran both on separate files, and nothing changed. is there another option i can try?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Might try ripping it with a more updated version of DvdFab then cleaning up with one of the programs i mentioned earlier and see if that makes the difference.

13. 7fallen

7fallen Member

even though the programs alter different files, they do the same thing?

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You can do the job with the software I mentioned above (RI4M and Rebuilder), if you have a hard drive large enough to avoid the size warning. Just remember... ignore the warnings and forge ahead. Best of all, there's nothing to buy unless you want the bells and whistles. I got a near perfect Full DVD copy on DVD5. There's probably some lose in quality, but it's barely noticeable. What do you expect with 49% compression (compressed by 51%). If you want the best possible, do the movie only with Rebuilder. You can blank Extras with Still Image (under Compression settings) and transcode with Shrink if you feel Rebuilder isn't something you want. That way you still have your navigation controls on the dvd. You could remove all extras and menus with Re-author, but you have no navigation at all, except fast forward and backward. Be sure to use the Quality settings, if you use Shrink for transcoding.

You should be able to find all the info on the software archived here at AD. Rebuilder has a forum devoted to it and and RI4M has been discussed extensively here in the Shrink forum. If not, maybe LOCOENG or Alkohol can point you in the right direction for more resources.

You will have to locate a copy of RI4M 1.7.1.0. The older versions don't work as well.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

@7Fallen

I was looking back at the posts and noticed the navigation issue. For DVD menus on my player, I can often click TITLE or DISC MENU and they come up. On Wall*E I have to click DISC MENU to get the menu. When I put the copy in I get the commercials. I click DISC MENU, and I get the menu with titles. If I click TITLE the FBI warning comes up and the movie starts. I don't know if your player system has the same controls, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

@bryston
    I know Slysoft used FixVTS for a while, but didn't they get into trouble over using freeware for a profit venture and have to stop using it?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  16. 7fallen

7fallen Member

Pacman777,
    You're correct, vlc has a button that says menu, but i assume is the title menu, which brings me to the fbi warnings before it starts. If i locate the disc menu, it brings me to the menu. I've also noticed that the set up button on the disc menu does nothing.

-everything worked out, i managed to put together the working files of two imperfect rips and it works fine, except for the disc/title menu problem, which i can live with.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Glad you got a copy you can live with. I guess I lucked out. Everything works on the copy I have. All I did was let the software run.

18. 7fallen

7fallen Member

wish there was some program where i could reorder the titles and menus, i'd still like it to go to the menu instead of playing.

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If I did Movie and Menus I'd get the Menus up front. With the Full DVD it starts on the trailers like the retail DVD. The difference is I can click DVD Menu on the remote and move on to the Menus without watching the trailers. Titles is the command on my remote that doesn't work properly and it's nothing that bothers me. You might want to try RI4M if you have the free space to use it on WALL*E. I have a 125GB partition devoted to video, so I've got no problems there.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  20. 4styler

4styler Member

dvd fab 4.0.5.5 worked a treat. no problems