1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanna make 1:1 copy of carmageddon with safedisc v2 protection

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rajeevjha, Aug 2, 2003.

1. rajeevjha

rajeevjha Guest

IM tryin to make a 1:1 copy of carmageddon TDR 2000 with Safedisc v2 protection

1.) I used Clonexxl to detect de protection *safedisc v2 and then i applied the same settings as recommended by u in ur Post using clone xxl settings for alcoholer.

2.) in Alcoholer i use the same settings recommend by u .. close clone afetr alochoer starts , close alcholer after burn program starts , load last clone protection automatically and the last is enable alcohol 120% burner

in the Selecting profile it displays safe disc v 2 in data cd category .........after that i click on START alcohol 120 %

3.) in Alcohol 120% copy wizard with datatype as ALCOHOLER with skip read error and fast skip error blocks optin enabled i click on next for the next step........... I create an Image file name TDR200 in a temp directory i select next ........with my datatype still as Alcoholer i click on START now this is where i get an error CANNOT CHANGE VISIBLE in ONSHOW or ONHIDE . i followed the same steps given by u in the tutorial ? what am i doing wrong ? Pls suggest thanxs in advance
    ..pls suggest any settings which i ve forgotten ......

im using 2 cd drives 1.) BURNER mitsumi cr-4804 te this drive is assigned as F:
    2.) normal cd drive Creative CD 4820e cs990615 and de drive is assigned as E:

Dunno what AXV CD/DVD rom is ? it is assigned as H:

i dont think my cd burner supports 2 / 1 sheep ? can i still make a working copy of the game ? pls help
    thanxs in advance

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Both burners are "1 sheep". Try running Alcohol 120% manually and use the safedisc 2 datatype profile to read\burn the image m8. Before you begin the process open Alcohol 120% and go to Options, then General and go to recording and in 1 of the tab folders to the right enable "bypass efm". Now go to emulation and enable "ignore media type". Burn your backup and after doing so [bold] minimize Alcohol 120% to system tray and play the backup in your burner [/bold]

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2003
  3. rajeevjha

rajeevjha Guest

U think i wd be able to create 1:1 copy of the original cd ? i wanna run this CD from a different pc and play the game like a normal game cd from a cd drive ..

u think this wd work ?
    thanxs in advance

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If you do get a working backup using Alcohol 120% then the software [bold] must be installed [/bold] on the pc you're trying to play the backup and emulation is needed (ignore media type). If it were me, grab a Memorex MAXX52x cdrw as they are very reasonable in price and a "2 sheep burner".

Shoey :)

5. rajeevjha

rajeevjha Guest

Media Image descriptor file created is 749.18 mb ! now how do i burn this on a cd rom of 700 mb ?

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Easy m8, enable [bold] overburn [/bold] in Alcohol 120% (Options>General)

Shoey :)

7. rajeevjha

rajeevjha Guest

Burnt a cdrom using ur tips ..no errors while burning
    . i tried installing the game thru the new cd doesnt install :( gives me some ~DF394B.TMP error :(
    whats the problem ??