1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanna make .wav files from dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smiffff, Sep 14, 2004.

1. smiffff

smiffff Member

Semi-newbie, second post here. So please be gentle! I searched the forums and didn't find this addressed. I want to make small .wav files from DVD audio files. For example, I have Finding Nemo on my H/D, and I want to make a tiny wav of the phrase 'Thaaank Yooou" from the 'whale talk' for a wav file that plays on my computer for a sound theme. basically like the small wav files from dailywav.com , etc. i have decrypter, but it only extracts from the disc itself, right? Step-by-step, please! I would love to make and share these types wav's if there is an easy way to do it.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there smiffff, Welcome to aD,

An excellent proggy for that is "Easy CD-DA Extractor 7.1".

http://www.poikosoft.com/

Enjoy,

Pete

3. smiffff

smiffff Member

Thx for the quick reply, Pete! I D/L'ed it. I Googled that and found another called DVD Audio Extractor which seems to work a little better for me. But you definitely pointed me in the right direction. The only problem is it rips an entire chapter at a time. So I used a free program called Audacity to trim it. It's a great free program to trim, mix and you can even bleep cuss words in songs! Now I got a new toy! It's almost like Christmas!!!