1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanna strip some extras and leave menu

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bjs, Jul 9, 2003.

1. bjs

bjs Member

i wanna know hot to stipp all the extras and just have the menu and main movie

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

use dvd shrink and use author part and drag only the folders you want in!

thx

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its difficult to judge what part is the main menu in DVD Shrink

4. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I don't think you can get menus in with a re-author in v2.3 or 1.3 for that matter. Just did two movies yesterday and one I wanted to keep the menus but was only able to drag the movie files.

Kind of pointless to keep the menus (unless it is an episodal disc) when most of the other stuff has been ripped out.

5. R.A.G.S

R.A.G.S Regular member

Oriphus, if you strip the movie using dvd decrypter then you can work out which is the movie and which is the extra's

Once you stripped the movie and then launch DVDShrink and do open file you will see the files

VIDEO_TS
    VTS_1
    VTS_2
    etc, etc

but if you delete one of these and the try to put it back togather with shrink the movie is encoded back with chapters all mixed up.

If anybody can find out how to keep the menu's please let me know, although i will be playing around to see if there is a way.

6. raymondo

raymondo Guest

Rather than take out the extras with DVDShrink, why not compress them to maximum (still images), then you can leave the menu in quite happily.

If you stripped the extras out and left the menu, when you select the relevant menu item for the extra that wasn't on the disc, your DVD player would crash anyway. Keeping them maximum compressed stops this from happening.

You can do what you are requesting using IFOedit but it is quite tricky extra work involving changing IFOs to ignore menu selections, and I don't see the point bearing in mind the above.