1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want a working xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by seadarb, Jun 2, 2015.

1. seadarb

seadarb Newbie

I am a noob to modding and don't really want anything that gives me an unfair advantage over other gamers. I just want the best functioning Xbox I can have. I went through a 3 month process battling with Xbox global escalation team. 3 "refurbs" later I am still stuck with a piece of s**t console. I spent the 85 bucks to have mine repaired and when it came back I could see they didn't even open the case, so they kept sending refurbs which were worse than the one I had.
    Anyway I want to build my own, so I want to know what I can do without being banned by xbox live. Can I change the motherboard myself, and if so which one is the best.( I have an Slim model) but I read about the jasper being the best chip, I also have an elite model.
    Can I change the network adapter because I believe the one I have is Crap, and if so are there better options the the one they use. I want to add cooling and have already done the research on that. Also could I do a internal hard drive mode without being banned by xbox live.
    Basically I want a better console then the crap they make but I want to play online without cheating,or getting banned

2. richietea

richietea Regular member

It would be just as cheap to buy a whole new working unit.The motherboard in my experience is not really that important.I have had a zephyr,falcon,jasper boards and they have worked just fine for a very long period.Buying a mobo you would have to make sure you have the dvd drive to match or a copy of the key file to flash a drive.You would also need to know what drive was matched with the motherboard in the first place.Also you would need the tools for flashing the key.If you were to go down the slim route you might even need to buy a unlocked pcb to write the firmware to.If you were to purchase a whole unit you could buy some xbox cases cheap for practice cutting and modding.You can buy LED and cooling fan kits or cases to save the hassle of using a dremel.

Network adapters can be changed in a slim.
    Hdd's can be changed without Microsoft knowing (only certain HDD's work,tools and programs also needed.

3. seadarb

seadarb Newbie

Thanks it does sound complicated, I don't really care about appearance I just want the best hardware I can get, because I believe microsoft makes crap. And the console I have now and the previous ones all get worse after playing about an hr I believe because they get to hot, I know about the issues they have with there solder. Which is why I wanted a water cooling system. I really don't know anything about modding but would like to learn. Maybe it would be easier to change just the Chip and the ethernet adapter.

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

Its all down to choice.I would go with a full slim unit from a decent source.You never know when when anything is going to have hardware failure to be honest.The xbox one kinect in our household broke within a year of purchase so nothing is guaranteed.Reballing GPU's or CPU's is not really worth it.You would have to have a good heat station and jig to get the results you want and if your only doing it for one console then its not cost effective.Water cooling is also expensive you could buy 5 xbox phat's for the price of one kit,so effectively you could have one console out of five that gives you the lifespan you want.

5. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Just buy a working Xbox 360 Slim and you're good to go. You can get a used Xbox 360 Slim for around 85 USD, even with controllers and everything. The failure rates of these are quite low (especially compared to PS3 Slim and don't get me started on PS3 Superslims). Also a hdd is quite cheap nowadays, so modding one isn't cost-effective.