1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want an Xbox, but have some questions before purchasing it

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Jdilla, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i know you guys problaby dont care but this month of dec. the 31st to be exact is my b-day!!, and i want an xbox i can easyly get one. but im used to burning and backing up games. i have a ps2, use the fliptop, swapmagic disk method. its a v4 so it plays all games lovely. my question is if i update to an xbox, modchip's are the only way to play burnt games right??, there's no such thing as a fliptop method for xbox? if modchips are the only way, can all of you reccomend me a place where they sell premoded xbox, and in your opinion wich is the best chip for this console. like i said i really want an xbox so your comments are really important to me.

2. suprjesus

suprjesus Member

system-mods.com sells premods. small list on front page of teamxecuter.com

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

thanks for that info, ill definatelly check those links out. this leads me to my second question, what kind of programs can be used to burn xbox games? and how do you burn them? is it like ps2 games? can i use recordnow max v4.50 thats what i use for ps2 games

4. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

To make a backup you first have to network your xbox with your PC then transfer the files from the DVD to your PC.. after that you make an .ISO of the files with ISOCraxtion then your ready to burn the .ISO with any software you like! :)

5. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

And all that because a PC can't read a XBOX disc!

6. suprjesus

suprjesus Member

now can someone help ME out. my thread is called "melting external enable/disable switch...light flashing red/green" something close to that plz check it out im stuck here...noone ever answers my threads

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

what kinda of cables are we talking about? and can i purchase them on best buy? and please keep me updated on what are the best xbox modchips as im planning to purchase a premodded xbox. executer lite is this good??

8. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

You'll need a crossover ethernet cable... I'm pretty sure you can find this anywhere that sells electronics. And for the modchips I prefer Chameleon but you need to solder two wires if you have a v1.5 xbox, the Xecuter 2.3 chip don't require those two wires. Both have pretty much the same features!

9. suprjesus

suprjesus Member

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I heard you could change your actually XBox drive to a computer drive and have them play.This would help out alot also.The bad thing though is you still have to create the iso files before burning.

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I seen a program that could also help out look for it off here http://www.craxtion.com/download.html this program is pretty good and you can keep updating it.This is a XBox Iso making program pretty tight go check it out.Peace