1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to access my PS3 files from my PC

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by game!boy, May 7, 2007.

1. game!boy

game!boy Guest

IS it possible? I know can do it the other way around. (files from PC to PS3)If so how? I wanna back up my games, trailers, saves etc.etc.

2. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

get a memory card, or an external hdd. otherwise, its not currently possible.

3. Pangy

Pangy Regular member

To move saves etc from your PS3 to PC you'll need a memory stick of some kind.

To move things from your PC to PS3, use either a memory stick, or a file server.

Personally, I use Red Kawa. Google it if you'd like. There's a video converter, and a file server. The file server lets you access your PC's data through the PS3's web browser, and download whatever you want (music/movie/pic)

4. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i used red kawa untill my virus program automatically wiped it from my computer 3 times.

5. Pangy

Pangy Regular member

:eek: Weird.

There's one called (I think...) Anaconda, or something. Starts with an A. It's supposedly a faster file server, but Red Kawa's worked just fine for me (the virus thing is a little bit concerning, what AV do you use?)

6. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i dont remember. my main pc hasnt worked in a month or two due to windows corrupting itself and a faulty power supply. but i think it removed it because it was a file server program that showed my files publicly.

7. Pangy

Pangy Regular member

Ahh, hrm. I wonder if that's maybe something that can be set up through a firewall. I had four friends try to access my file server address, and none of them could get in, so I assumed it was safe. I really don't know how that works though, so I hope I wasn't wrong lol.