1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to copy ISO after Decrypter to DVD using Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by joesb, Feb 15, 2004.

1. joesb

joesb Guest

I have ripped the DVD and made an ISO file on my hard drive but it is too big for a single DVD so I want to use DVD Shrink to compress and burn the DVD.
    The problem I have is that I cant open an ISO file in Shrink. Shrink doesnt seem to recognise ISO files when I look for them
    Any help please??

Thanks

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Joe,
    Why don't you just rip the disc with Shrink instead? It will decrypt as well as compress.
    If you want to use Decrypter first, use the "file" mode and then use the browser in Shrink to find the VIDEO_TS folder that Decrypter made.
    Frank

3. joesb

joesb Guest

Ah I see I had the impression that you had to use the Decrypter program first and then shrink the DVD to fit using the Shrink program. So SHRINK does the whole thing and I dont need Decrypter is what your saying.

If I do use Decrypter I select MODE:File as opposed to MODE:ISO Read and use the resulting file in Shrink?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi again Joe,

Shrink can do both! I use Decrypter in the ISO R/W mode if I'm copying a DVD-5. On the rare occasion Shrink can't handle a film, running it through Decrypter first will work, using the file mode. I have used it to put uncompressed movies on my hard drive. I can then do the reauthoring and compressing later.

If I were you I would just use Shrink on the movie you are copying. Just use "open disc" instead of "open files". If you feel like experimenting, go ahead and rip it with Decrypter in file mode and then shrink it.

BTW, what burning program are you using?
    Frank

5. morrow52

morrow52 Guest

Joe: That was a problem that I had when I first used Decrypter. I wanted to re-author it using Shrink but it would not recognize the .ISO file.

I found a work-around that worked out great for me. I used Daemon Tools, which has a drive emulator. I instruct Daemon Tools to mount(open) the .ISO image file, and then I open Shrink, click [Open Disc] and point it towards the drive. Shrink then reads it that way.

DVD Shrink is a great program, but on the rare occasion that Shrink will not handle the job, I will use DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink combo as described above.

6. joesb

joesb Guest

Thank you both I appreciate your help.

7. joesb

joesb Guest

I was going to used Ahead Nero, this is the first time I have tried burning a DVD so its all new to me.
    I used Ahead Nero for burning CDs.
    Any tips?

8. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

joseb I use nero 6 to burn dvd's and it works very well and is pretty simple to use just like burning cd's as you said

9. edgex

edgex Member

I am having a similar problem. shrink will not recognize the movie, but decrypter will. I'm confused as to how do I get shrink to compress a burn the movie. after being ripped by decrypter? I'm a little dazed and confused as to the process. Are there any guides that someone could lead me too?

10. joesb

joesb Guest

Just do it all in shrink..Shrink will decrypt the movie first. You dont need to use the decryter program.

11. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi guys,

It can get a bit confusing, just bear in mind what has to happen to copy a DVD-9.

1.The encryption must be overcome.

2.The movie must be compressed to fit on a blank disc.

3.The processed files must be written to a blank disc.

DVD Decrypter does #1 and sometimes #3.

DVD Shrink does #1 and #2.

Nero Burning ROM does #3.

Nero Recode does #2 and #3.

CloneDVD does #2 and #3.

AnyDVD does #1.

DVD43 does #1

The old version of DVD Xcopy express did #1, #2 and #3. The new version will only do #2 and #3.

Some programs skip #2 and burn the movie to two discs, DVDfab for example.

There are many more programs that can do one or a combination of the three functions I listed, and there are programs that go about it in an entirely different way. I just listed a few.
    Some of these programs are free or have a demoversion to let you try it for a month. I recommend trying programs just to see whats avalible. Not all these programs will work with each other, DVD43 won't decrypt for DVDClone if I remember correctly.

Make sure you read the guides! Step-by step instruction is always helpful.

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

http://dvdshrink.info

Cheers,
    Frank

12. malboteju

malboteju Member

I did have the same problem one one machine using NEC 1100D. But copying using windows explorer works. DVDRW to C:

Or you can use ImgToo.classic to read the source DVD R/ RW's files and create an ISO on your hard disk. And then use it to burn as normal using decrypter iso write mode, or any other s/w.