1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

want to play back up ps2/ps1 on new slim ps2 with out putting a modchip in how can i ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BadDagger, Apr 25, 2005.

1. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

ok i heard about a swap disk that lets u play back up ps2 games but can u play back up ps1 games and back up dvd movies? i am going to be buying a new slim ps2 because i messed up my old ps2 trying to put in a modchip? so i got a couple more questions

: should i just buy a pre modchip ps2 or go with a thoes swap disck thing?

: if i do go with the swap disk thing and what eles i need to go with that were would be a good site to buy it at and at a good price?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can play backup movies just like original movies, no mod or boot disc needed.

3. BadDagger

BadDagger Regular member

ok well that is some of the stuff i am looking for but what about the rest of the stuff i asked about...anybody?

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Mod-chips are better direct booting no swapping.

I would go with the dms4 chip (it is the only one PROVEN to play
    dvd9 backups i..e...GT4)

for swap magic disks go here.
    (You also need a tool to open the tray for the swapmagic disks to work)
    www.swapmagic3.com

for modchips go here

http://www.xmodd.com

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Yeah, what Jizmak said.
    And if your screwed up the first PS2 tring to put in a mod chip then YES, get it pre-modded at XModd.com with the DMS4 Pro chip. It should already come with the ToxicOS istalled which means no swap discs needed, No problems playing both PAL or NTSC games on it.
    That is where i got mine and it works great. But they are made to order so be prepared to wait about 2 weeks.

6. crowy

crowy Guest

@BadDagger,Swap magic will work fine in a slim ps2 but you have to disable the lid sensors.There is a couple of ways to do this,have a look on the net you will find what you need to know.However swap magic won't boot ps1 backups so if that is neccessary a modchip is the way to go.I have a v9 silver ps2 with a ghost2 modchip fitted.Have a look here: http://www.ghost2.net/home.php?sid=6&a=ok
    This chip is absolutely brilliant.It plays everything I have ever put in it FIRST time(including GT4 backup:).There is no special boot method for different games or dvd's and it also supports dvd+rw.Just put in the disc and play.I had this chip supplied and professionally fitted for $170 Australian.2 year warranty on the chip and workmanship.Chip is flash upgradable just like dms4 pro.I also have a friend with the same chip and neither of us have ever had a problem.It also supports v12.Just a note:
    I would personally look for a secondhand v9or10 ps2 in good condition as opposed to the slimline.Also don't install the chip yourself get a professional with a good reputation who has done it a 1000 times.One mistake = headache.You will also probably find getting a chip installed into a slim will be more expensive because of laser fix issues.

7. crowy

crowy Guest

@BadDagger,
    On a side note,have you considered getting a quote on having the old one fixed then chipped? A lot of chip installers do repairs as well so you might be able to get the old one fixed and chipped at the same time.Just a thought.