1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to play European Games on U.S PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Arsenal49, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Arsenal49

Arsenal49 Member

Hello all - a massive amount of information I have tried to digest from reading various posts on this site - I thought I would to simplify for myself.

1) What is the absolute easiest possible way to play a Euro import game on my PS2??

I have already had a stab at this with the MagicKeyII and it didnt go that great. See the topic "Stop Spinning" if you would.

Thanks all!!!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well swap magic and magic keys are one way, athough a little screen cut off is comon when using this method.
    Or have a reputable site install a quality modchip like DMS4 Pro SE, Matrix Infinity or Crystal Chip V2.0
    then there is not screen problems

3. Arsenal49

Arsenal49 Member

Ahh - have a reputable site install a modchip? Meaning I send off my console and they do it for me? If I am reading that correct, you wouldnt happen to know of such a place would you?

4. ColeyX

ColeyX Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes, if you are in the US right now i would suggest Teammodders.com
    they sell the chips and do the installes. also sell premodded US consoles.

DMS4 Pro would be my top choice
    Crystal Chip V2.0 in second and Matrix Infinity third
    This will make your PS2 region free as far as gaming goes. My DMS4 Pro will play both PAL and NTSC just fine. I just set it to "force NTSC" mode and all PAL (euro) games are forced into the correct screen rate, and set the "Y-position" fix to yes and it adjust the screen so everything shows up correctly.

I agree with above though. If you do not plan on staying in the US or getting many US games, either at the store or on the net, or backing up your games then it may be a waste of your money.

Yes, playing back up games is another great thing you can do with a modded system.