1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to remove all custom firmware...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Myk88, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Myk88

Myk88 Member

Hi all, I've tried browsing and searching the forums a bit, but have been unable to find anything to help me so far.

A little while back, I decided to upgrade to Dark Alex's 3.03-OEC. I done this successfuly.
    I now realise that I don't ever use any of these features, and would like to REMOVE all custom firmware from my psp, and just install the latest official sony one.

I downloaded the latest update, but get the good old DADADADA error. Can anyone help me at all?

Thanks in advance :)

2. madisongo

madisongo Member

if you have the latest official firmware of sony you wont be able to use homebrews. esp. ISO games.. but i suggest you go to 3.52m33-4 and update to 3.71m33-2 by DAX.. but its only my suggestion.. 3.71m33-2 is the latest CFW by DAX=M33

3. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

R U CRAZY?! U want to use the latest official SONY ONE?! WHY?! CFW look exactly the same and can do EVERYTHING OFW can do, the only difference is, they can do more!! So even if u don't use the featuers, I HIGHLY recommend that u KEEP WITH CFW!! If u think that 3.03 is too old (which it is, it's far outdated. Even late CFW users have 3.40 OE-A at least) then upgrade your CFW! Highly recommend 3.52 M33-4 or if u want new, go for 3.71 M33-2 W/ Kernel addon.

4. Myk88

Myk88 Member

lol, maybe I am crazy, but I can't be fussed with updating it and everything. I just want to get rid of all the custom firmware that I have on there, wipe the slate clean, and just have the bog-standard, latest one released by sony.

In all honesty, I can't see myself using my psp much in the future, apart from when crisis core is released.

So is it possible to get back to having an official sony firmware on it? Ever so greatful if someone could help! :)

5. Myk88

Myk88 Member

Shamless bump

6. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

It is possible through the use of pandora's battery (the original one, not the universal unbricker v1,2&3). It will restore it to 1.5, and from then u can upgrade to the latest OFW.

Suit yourself, but later releases of CFW are becoming easier and easier to install, as the processes becomes more automated. 3.71m33 installation, in fact, was in the format of a OFW installation! The only difference was that it had a 3 second patch in the beginning, only requiring you to press x.

It also seems that Sony is making more major FW releases then CFW coders, so you will have to update more frequently when using OFW.

Anyway, good luck finding a spare MS and battery to make your pandora's.