1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANT TO THROW PC OUT WINDOW!!HELP!!!BURNER HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by servocrow, Jan 4, 2005.

1. servocrow

servocrow Member

Seriously though i need some help...Took 2 dvd+R burners out of my old PC (both jumper settings were on Cable select) and placed them in new and improved PC. Used IDE cable supplied in PC that supports 2 drives to one IDE port on motherboard. The top drive works great the lower one works for S$#%. I tried changing the jumpers to master/slave and that didnt change or effect the issue at all. I cannot figure out what the deal is....HELP!!!

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

Make sure the top drive is jumpered as master and the lower drive is jumpered as slave. The end of the cable should be plugged into the top drive and the middle of the cable into the lower drive.

3. servocrow

servocrow Member

i did try that to no avail--the lower drive does power up and tries to burn but the buffer goes all crazy and fails)no matter what drive i apply to the lower slot acts up te same way

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

Did you check your settings in the Bios and windows Device Manager?Try using different cable if you have a spare one.

5. servocrow

servocrow Member

didnt check bios HOWEVER device manager shows the drive as if theirs no problem...if the manager shows it then could it still be a bios issue?...will also try another cable