1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wanted to say thanks.....

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by captnigh, Mar 9, 2005.

1. captnigh

captnigh Member

I just wanted to post "Thank You" to all the 'philes who have posted advice on these forums. I had some issues with Decrypter, Recode, and certain types of media, and was able to sort everything out thanks to these forums and the search button.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

captnigh,

I'm sure I speak on behalf of all the regulars here when I say that your unprompted response is extremely welcome, and refreshing.

To help, and learn from each other is what these forums are all about, yet so often questions are answered and the requester never posts back. Your attitude is commendable.

Welcome to AD

:eek:)

3. giraff36

giraff36 Member

yes ill stick my my two penneth in here and thank all regulars who spend time sorting our problems out

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

captnigh,
    I'm with Taz 100% on this one!! It is refreshing to see some cosiderate people on here, and we are all here to help each other out. So now that you have some experience with some issues you may be able to pass that along to someone in need :) So many on here post a question and you help them out for hours and then you never see or hear from them again? So you don't even know if there problems were solved or not? Any way welcome to AD and glad to have you aboard :)

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

It's nice to know, that there are grateful people out there.It's nice to be appreciated.
    good luck
    jD

6. mickey873

mickey873 Member

i don't want to hijack your thread, but, I too wanted to add my EXTREME thanks! You guys really are an invaluable resource to those of us that know enough to make us dangerous and nothing else ;)

If you are a newbie, do a search, read the guides and then post ?'s if you have them! The resources here only get a little frustrated when they answer basic questions that have been asked over and over and over. We need to take some responsibility in helping ourselves. If we are willing to take anytime searching for the answers ourselves, why should anyone else take the time and give us the fast, easy answer?

The guides are invaluable! I followed the scuba pete guide from bbmayo on using dvd decryptor and shrink and it was STEPbySTEP success. Check it out!! (http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html)

Again, thanks so much guys! I am VERY appreciative of the help!

Thanks also to captnigh for reminding us to say thanks! I got so excited that I burned my first DVD that I forgot to do exactly that!

mick

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I think I can speak for all of us by saying that it's the thanks like we've been given here that keeps us coming back :)

The helpful folks here are only half of the equation. It's the new faces that come here to learn and have a good time that make AfterDawn such a great place to be and we all love to see new nicks become familiar ones :)