1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to know good DVD media that would work with..

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ryanm1058, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ryanm1058

ryanm1058 Member

I need to use my DVD media for the XBOX, PS2, and a Panasonic DVD player. Mostly used as backups of movies or downloads off the internet. What is good media for this? Do I want to use DVD+R or DVD-R? Thanks in advance.

Also, I have the Pioneer DVR-108 as the burner - http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/computer/dvdwriters/dvr108/

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey ry, Looks like you have a high quality burner which will help out on the standalone player and game players. Some say ps2,older versions,will only play -.A buddy of mine swears his x-box will play anything you put on it. He uses - formats for both ps2 and xbox.He even throws those lousy cmagnetics discs in them with no problems. My stepson has a ps2,a couple of years old, and tried out about 12 different discs between 3 different burners. Mostly in the + format,he played everything except for 1 type "verbatim +4x ricohjpn" that i burned with my previous pc burner "kypermedia". Start out buying small packs of both + and - formats like maxell,fuji,sony, and tdk if you get them from a local store.Your stand alones will tell you what they like. If you are here in the states, staples has teons +8 x's on sale 20 for $5.00.Those are working flawlessly on all my standalones. Start out using RW discs to practice on, but I have a harder time getting certain standalones to play them. Any more ??????? come on back, happy holidays.

3. ryanm1058

ryanm1058 Member

Thanks a lot saugman.. I have one other question. I CAN use -R stuff for the XBOX and PS2.. right?

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

most people I here of prefer the -"dash" on ps2. My buddy swears by the -r tdk's in his. Try a small pack of them, keep the burn rate 4x,some even go to 1 and 2x. Then try one of your backups in all those stand alones.Walgreens has the tdk and maxell's on sale if you have a local one. Later

5. tomt7898

tomt7898 Guest

I have a question If I am copying my original movies to dvd +r and I can play my original movies in my XBOX
    why can't I play my copied movies in the xbox??

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I got a buddy with an xbox and it plays every backup he throws at it. Even those cmag teon -r's. Yours sounds like it doesn't like the media or the burn speed. Try slowing it down.If that don't help, try some better media. You just have to find that certain recipe that your xbox likes.

7. tomt7898

tomt7898 Guest

The burner only writes at 4x
    I'm not even sure how to adjust that if I wanted too
    its not just the Teon, i've used tdk/fugifilm
    etc
    they just dont play in the xbox
    doesn't recognize the media

8. kinza

kinza Regular member

I know Memorex sucks, but if you buy a 3/5 +R pack manufactured by RicohJpn01 they work great and load fast on my PS2. Ritek Ridata's (-R) take awhile to load but still work & are way more reliable than Memorex.