1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to replace mother board of Asus LS L5G !!HELP!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pets34me, Jan 5, 2008.

1. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

Well, I just bought this laptop (p4) for $200. I want to put a new motherboard with dual core processor. I've found a mother board that supports dual core but I'm not sure if it's for a laptop or desktop. It says that it has a vga connection of something. I'm assuming that that would be it has to be for a laptop right? Also, It was about $50 and I'm looking to get a 2.4ghs dual core proccesor for the laptop. Does anyone have any other recomendations instead of what i've choosen.

2. drako17

drako17 Regular member

i dont think they sell the motherboards for a laptop. if the mother board has a pci express or a agp slot. then no it aint for a laptop. i think you can replace the processor but i aint that sure.

3. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

Well don't they make motherboards for laptops? It wouldn't make sense if they didn't because doesn't it have to have a motherboard?

4. drako17

drako17 Regular member

well i wouldnt know. ive never heard of there being a place to purchase laptop motherboards. sorry cant help you there.

5. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

ok, I see what you mean. How do I know if I can upgrade my processor though?

6. drako17

drako17 Regular member

i aint that much informed when it comes to laptops. im more of a desktop person. maybe someone else would be able to assist you with that. my bet would be to purchase a new one.

7. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

well I just bought this one hoping to upgrade it. Hopefully someone will know what to do.