1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting To Watch Ripped DVD From Hard Drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DjjSkillz, Apr 23, 2005.

1. DjjSkillz

DjjSkillz Member

Ok, Before You Commence With The Burning... Hear Me Out. Yes, I've Searched This Forum For The Answer (The Past Month Now). But None Of The Discussions Pertain To This Problem. I Downloaded CloneDVD2 And Ripped 2 Movies To Temporary Files, Now I Can Play The VOB Files With Windows Media Player, But No Sound? Only Sound I Hear Is On The Menu's. I Would Like To Watch Them From My Hard Drive AND Burn A Back Up Of Them. I Tried Burning Both DVD's With CloneDVD2 But When I Put Them Into A DVD Player Or Even Back Into The Drive I Burned Them With, Disc Read Error! I Also Tried Burning Them With Nero6, Same Problem? Any Suggestions? Thanks In Advance...
    -Memorex DVD+R 8x Disc's
    -Internal LiteON 16x DVD+-R/+-RW Double Layer
    -CloneDVD2 Version 2.4.5.4
    -AnyDVD
    -Nero6

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

To play it in Windows Media Player you might need the codecs. You can find then here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx.

You might try ripping the DVD using DVDDecrypter in file mode. That puts all of the files on the HD. Then you can try your CloneDVD2 but since I do not use that one I can not help you there

The memorex blank media you are using is crap so get some Verbatim's. The Memorex are OK for data, and Pictures but not for compressed movies.

You might also D/L DVDShrink ( free) and have it compress the movie and then it will use Nero automatically to burn the movie to the HD

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If you want to watch the vidio folder from your hdd, try Windvd6. I believe it has a 21 day free trial but with the trial I think you can only watch like 6 minutes before it shuts down. Here's the link. http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/WinDVD_Profile.jsp Click on the up, down arrows in the upper left corner then DVD from folder. Locate and click on your vidio folder, let it load then click play. Very good player, I highly recommend it.

I completely agree with Car.Mike on the media. Memorex is junk and probably causing your playback problems. Memorex = very inconsistant and uses CMC Magnetics for the manufacturer of a lot of their media. CMC Mag is considered by most to be one of the worst manufactures. Look here.

Memorex DVD+R 16X (CMCMAG M01)
    Memorex DVD+R 4x (CMC MAG.F01)
    Memorex DVD+R 4x (MBIPG101-R03-000)
    Memorex DVD+R 4x (RICOHJPNR01)
    Memorex DVD+R 4x Printable (MCC-003-000)
    Memorex DVD+R 8X (CMC MAG E01)
    Memorex DVD+R 8X (PHILIPSC08)
    Memorex DVD+R 8X (PRODISCR03)
    Memorex DVD+RW 2.4x (CMC MAG.W01)
    Memorex DVD+RW 2.4x (INFODISCA01)
    Memorex DVD+RW 2.4x (RICOHJPNW01)
    Memorex DVD+RW 4x (CMC MAG.W02)
    Memorex DVD+RW 4x (MKM-A02)
    Memorex DVD+RW 4x (RICOHJPNW11)
    Memorex DVD-R 2x (CMC MAG.....)
    Memorex DVD-R 2x (TAIYOYUDEN..)
    Memorex DVD-R 4x (CMC MAG. AF1)
    Memorex DVD-R 4x (MBI 01RG20)
    Memorex DVD-R 4x (MCC 01RG20)
    Memorex DVD-R 4x (ProdiscS03)
    Memorex DVD-R 8X (CMC MAG AE1)
    Memorex DVD-RW 1x (ProdiscDVDRW)
    Memorex DVD-RW 2x (RITEKW01) MINI DVD-RW 1.36GB
    Memorex DVD-RW 2x (RITEKW01....)
    Memorex DVD-RW 2x (TDK502sakuM3)
    MemorexDVD-RAM 2x (Optodisc

Edit: You can find the media code of your media with this free proggy.
    http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  4. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

Rip movie with dvd decrypter in file mode. Then you can use windvd or powerdvd to play files. I know both of these players will work. Im sure many other dvd players will to. Media player sucks for dvd's just my opinion. For example with windvd you can go to source and play file, new playlist, play dvd from folder. As far as backup use dvd decrypter file mode. Dvd Shrink compress movie to .iso file and then dvd decrypter mode= iso write to burn movie. There are many other methods but with dvd decrypter and shrink its free. And these two programs im my opinion keep it simple and they work great everytime. Remember choose good media like Verbatum or Tiyo Yuden. And depending on the write quality of your burner most people recomend burning at 4X. You should be able to visit manufactor website of burner and see what media they recomend for your drive.

Good Luck

Spacedust

5. DjjSkillz

DjjSkillz Member

Thanks Everyone For The Info!! Haven't Tried It Yet, I'll Let You All Know How It Goes.

My Question For Spacedust Is Do I Make 2 Copies Of The Movie In .iso? One With DVD Decrypter And One With DVD Shrink? And When I Do Have The .iso Files, Can I Burn Them With Nero6 Or CloneDVD2 Or Does It Matter? Thanks Again For The Help!

6. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

NO. Rip DVD with Decrypter in File mode. Then you open that file with DVD Shrink Compress it. Shrink is actually compressing and making .ISO file. Once you have the .ISO any dvd burning software Should burn .ISO file. Personally I like to keep it simple so I use DVD Decrypter to burn .ISO file.

Good Luck

Spacedust