1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warez on work's network?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sunk, Jun 15, 2007.

1. sunk

sunk Member

My friend is starting a job at a graphic design firm. He has a few pieces of warez on his computer. When i say warez, i mean illegal serials. Should I tell him to leave his network card disabled or should he be ok? He uses a new macbook.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

downloading at work wouldn't be bright at all; but as for what's on your computer--if it isn't the property of the firm, they aren't allowed to snoop on it. so he should be fine.

3. sunk

sunk Member

downloading illegal software and serials you are referring to?

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

downloading. period. you're at work to work; they monitor your bandwidth and what you're up to. downloading anything, even your fantasy football documentation, can land you in trouble in many offices.

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

also if he is taking his laptop to work and using his companys intrnet connection to download stuff, the company can look on his laptop to see if he has put anything from the company on the laptop that he has, like Auslander said it is a bad thing to do as far as downloading, that is one of the things that people get fired from thire jobs, surfing the net and downloading from the net, tell your friend to be smart and don't start, good luck