1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warner bros dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pinkbb, Dec 30, 2004.

1. pinkbb

pinkbb Member

I tried to rip 3 different Warner Bros DVDs to my computer, White Chicks and the last 2 Harry Potter movies. I used DVD Decrypter. None of the DVDs were even recognized by my system. I was unable to play them using Windows Media player or Power DVD. Under My Computer it did not even show up that there was a DVD in the drive. I am using Windows XP Pro service pack 2. I was able to rip 2 other DVDs with no problem. What do I need to do to at least get the DVD to play? Also, any tips to rip to file for any of these DVDs would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    pinkbb

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I have backed up all of those DVD's and used DVD shrink and NERO. No problems. I also have service pack 2 which didnt effect my DVD backups in any way. I actually can't understand why some people use DVD Decrypter, some say there are certain movies that need it, I have the program and I have backed up a ton of DVD's and have never used it once, just DVD Shrink and NERO everytime. I am anxious to try this new resident evil movie though, but will have to wait as I just ordered my copy today.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Kinda sounds like a DVD ROM problem if you can't even play the originals on your computer.

If they don't show up in Windows explorer then they are not being read at all. The only other thing I can suggest at this point is to check and see if the lead-in portion of the movies (the inner track areas) are damaged. Are you using your burner to read with?