1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning about GAME SHARK V2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AftarDawn, Jun 29, 2003.

1. AftarDawn

AftarDawn Member

i just wanted to let other people know this. im not saying this will surely happen , but it happened to me.

i tryed deleteing codes from my game shark v2 because many of the pre installed codes i will never need. so i started to delete them and after about 2 minutes my cartrage had an error on it! it froze and never loaded up again, even after restarting the system many times. so i had to buy a new game shark v2.

just a little something to think about before trying to delete pre installed codes.
    (game shark v2 might be harder to get now because of the new v3)

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

thanks for the info

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

did you try reseting to factory defaults?? I it might've done something. Just a thought

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

WEStar is correct you could have just "re-flashed" the GS dongle by holding the top 4 shoulder buttons on the controller and restarting the PS2. The GS dongle will automatically be reloaded back to it's original state.

5. AftarDawn

AftarDawn Member

cool, i didnt know about that, i got rid of my old one (traded it in for store credit, at a video game store.)

if my new one ever goes crazy, ill re-flash it.

thanks for letting me know