1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning!! CPU clock or ratio are programming fail previously. Please setup CPU host clock again.

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by N0_0ne, Jun 14, 2007.

1. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

Ok, so I have been having a few problems with my desktop lately, first my firefox keeps crashing on me as well as my IE . Then my pc just restarts out of the blue and when it reboots it says "your system has recovered from a serious error." So I figured it was the windows media center I was using, I installed a new version, same thing, then I installed a performance copy of xp , same f@ing thing. I turned on my computer and got this msg today "Warning!! CPU clock or ratio are programming fail previously. Please setup CPU host clock again. does anyone have any idea what the problem could be??

2. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

When did you get this message? After a cold boot but before you went into the OS? If so then you may have a failing cmos battery. If you are already into your OS I would suggest a spyware scan. The message sounds a little strange if it is popping up while your in windows.

3. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

yes this msg was after a cold boot in dos before windows started up. So what do I do about the smos battery ( i have no idea what that is)? I would gladly do a spyware scan but Im also having odd problems installing programs, avg prompts me to look for a .dat file (which has never happened before) and spybot give me an error msg stating that settings were changed after installation scan for malware etc... , and I have been having problems with firefox , bitcomet and IE crashing too, I recently by the advice of a friend , went to my bios and returned everything to default which is odd cause Ive never messed with those settings in the first place, well Im going to try and install avg and spybot again now that Ive done that, Ill let you know how that goes

thanks Blackjax

4. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

I downloaded avg again and I get an error msg stating files are corrupt specifially "CRC failed in files .dat" , and spybot I cant download because my IE wont stay open long enoug to download it, and even if it did Im sure Id get the same error msg I got before,

5. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

Sounds like your cmos battery may be going bad for starters. Not to worry most boards they can be replaced and are very in expensive (less than $10). This will cause your system to lose the date and time and do other various "weird things".
    Try rebooting several times to see if the date resets itself to a factory default time usually like 1/1/2001 (but can be different). If it does your battery is dying. If not there is another problem.
    If you can get into your os try your reinstall of avg, spybot, and maybe adaware. If your unable to then try downloading "hijack this" from here: http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html and then go to this forum on AD : http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/166 where they are more knowledgeable.

It definitely sounds like a spyware problem to me after your last post!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  6. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

Cool thanks alot for the help, Ill try that forum and install highjack this, but I do have one more question, how do I go about finding out the type of battery and where do I buy it?

thanks

7. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

The numbers should be on the side of the battery telling you what type, volt, etc. You can pop the battery out and take it with you but be very carful not to break or bend the metal tab that holds it in that would be very bad! Take it with you to any PC store. If your in the US some places that would carry the battery would be microcenter or compusa.