1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning from Rebuilder that it will already fit on a DVD5

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by tjlmbklr, Apr 1, 2007.

1. tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr Member

I don't recall the exact message. When I select backup I get a warning that it is already able to fit on a DVD5 and no compression is needed. I have DVD 5 selected in the settings. Why does it still ask this, and am I losing quality because it is compressing it.

Thanks
    TJ

2. spiesfan

spiesfan Regular member

the dvd in question will fit on a single layer disc just burn it. You will not lose quality unless you select force re-encoding.

3. tjlmbklr

tjlmbklr Member

Ok that is easy enough to understand. But why does it warn me (not always)that the DVD will fit on a DVD 5 as if it thinks I want it on a DVD 9, when I do have DVD 5 checked.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

because the folder you want to encode is already 4483mb (size of a dvd5) or less, or you have DL target size selected in dvd rebuilder. you can still run it through rb if you like but there is no reason to if it will already fit on a dvd5. just burn the video_ts folder with nero or similiar.

if the folder is 4430MB or less and you're using quality media, I would just burn it with nero. if it's much over 4430mb or closer to 4483mb, I would go ahead and run it through RB.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007