1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning Newbie's first post

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by beta245, May 11, 2004.

1. beta245

beta245 Member

Thanks for looking and if you can help that is even better. I'm trying to take some music videos from Import Singles (which i own) and put them on DVD as a collection of videos. Now here is the part i need help with. First, the videos are in Quicktime format. Second, i would like the dvd to have a option in the menu to select the video i would like to see. Any thoughts and idea are welcome as i don't have a clue.

2. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

I use Sonic Foundry Vegas to transcode MOV (Quicktime) files to MPEG2, Then I use NeroVision Express to compile a DVD (with menus) and rip away! This isn't the cheapest option out there, but I'm comfortable with Sonic Foundry (now Sony) products. Does anyone else know of a program to transcode MOV's? Hope this helps a bit...

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi,
    Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 supports .mov and .qt files. Its on the "Files of Type" menu that comes up when you select the Add Video icon. I have not tried it with these types of files.

Cheers,
    Frank

4. daba

daba Guest

5. beta245

beta245 Member

thanks everybody for your thoughts and ideas

6. _VII_

_VII_ Member

silly cube, just a quick question. i am in the same shoes as beta245, and i decided to follow your route on what to do. On nerovision Express when i try to burn it says that it is unable to prepare data for recoding that the transcoding failed. I dunno what to do.. Also on Vegas do you transcode the videos by clicking file>render as.. ? after u import the videos?

7. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Using Vegas, "render as" is what you do, choices are many, you need to render as mpeg 1 for VCD or mpeg 2 FOR svcd OR dvd. You might need to get the MainConcept MPEG 1/2 plugin for Vegas, sorry, I forgot to mention that.Once thy're rendered, Nero will know what to do with them.