1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning - read before modding your wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by johnb1987, Jun 16, 2007.

1. johnb1987

johnb1987 Member

It is possible that once you go through all the steps to mod your Wii - You might encounter a problem with Raw Dump 2.0. It's called an "Unhandled exception arithmetric error".

The suggested fixes include - Switching your IDE cable to Pio mode only, running raw dump in safe mode, attempting to run older versions of raw dump, using .net framework 3.0, administering a system restore/repair, or cleaning your disk. It is possible however that none of these will fix the problem. There are no known fixes for this error.

Before buying all the materials and going through the hassle of modding your Wii, please know the possibility that your efforts may not be rewarded. I myself was able to back up 8 games before recieving this error. I have been unable to back up a game since the error. Good luck if you do decide to mod your Wii.

2. JmNasium

JmNasium Member

Sounds like you need a new DVD drive. Don't think you can blame this one on the mod chip

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

well as long as you own the original game - you could always download a backup of it if you keep getting this error

4. kevin32

kevin32 Member

Are u sure it not the Dvd drive. It possible but not confirm yet right?

5. johnb1987

johnb1987 Member

It's doubtful, I have the suggested LG drive in the thread that explains how to back up games. There are no known causes for this error. Some are able to fix it, others are not. It's kind of just chance if you decide to mod your Wii. Just know that if you plan to put in the work of modding your Wii, it may not work, even if you follow all the steps. So just letting all of you know before making the investments and going through the hassle of modding your Wii, just know it might now be rewarded.

6. Wiitarded

Wiitarded Member

John if you have framework 3.0 delete it and unistall 2.0 also.
    Reboot and install a fresh copy of 2.0. I tried every other suggestion and thats the one that finally worked for me.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It could also be a Game Disc with a manufacture flaw in it. Which you may not see. So try exchanging the game disc.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007