1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARNING!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by joshjy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

ok i am not sure if i am correct here but isn't the psp only ment to be flashed a certain no of times in it's lifetime my guess is about 6 as that is how many times i did it before mi psp bricked.

if i am correct downgraders/upgraders should be causious or keep a count at least.

2. s2tephen

s2tephen Member

I don't think so. If you started with the 1.0 version and upgraded everytime Sony did an upgrade more than 6 times i think Sony would have a lot of returns

3. DCP_PSP

DCP_PSP Regular member

Wrong.

The only way to brick your psp is if you downgrade a TA-082 using the wrong method or if you flash the psp and turn the power off when it is flashing. Or if the flashing corrupts in the middle of the process. Flashing your psp a number of times won't do anything to the psp.

4. fordy89

fordy89 Guest

lol i have flashed my psp at least 40 times and no prob. they only brik if u do something really stupid. and now with dark alexs new f/w impossible to brick THANX DARK ALEX :)

5. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well actually ive heard that if you flash your PSP about 100,000 times then it will brick....yes 100,000!

so there's no need to worry about bricking your PSP by flashing your PSP too many times

i heard of someone flashing their PSP about 2,000 times with no problems

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

i wouldnt say its impossible to brick one if using custom fw.
    it maybe not far from the truth but i have an expensive paper weight that says differently. lol.

7. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

where did you get your sources, anyway it doesnt matter, same goes if you read or write onto something, the only way that something goes wrong is that if your psp is to old it may just die, like with all things in this world :)