1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was any one able to copy Star wars : Clone Wars from DVD to DVD-R??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mhatip, Dec 31, 2002.

1. mhatip

mhatip Member

What method method did you use to copy Clone wars?
    I used the method from the web http://www.digital-forums.com/dvd2dvdr/intro.htm , but when I used DVD2AVI to generate the file "starwars2.ac3", and used the TMPGenc 2.59 to generate the "starwars2.m2v" file, I got the following error message in DVD Maestro Authoring programe when i tried to load the "starwars2.ac3" file "Cannot locate a frame SYNC word at an expected byte offset. Data might be corrupted."

Where do I add the frame SYNC offset byte. Is there any programe to add delay or something to syncronize both audio and vidio.

Please let me know because I have no clue what its talking about, and it REALY BLOWZZZZ.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 31, 2002
  2. bob_123

bob_123 Member

can anyone help me i want to make a svcd but do i have to convert it to mpeg and if i do have to convert it will it be verry big like more then 800 MB or what and can anyone tell me what is a good software to convert and to make svcd thanx

3. framerman

framerman Regular member

AOTC has multiple angles in the beginning of the movie. It switches from english to french to spanish. If you didn't strip out the multiple angles, then this could be your sync problem.

Geez, Bob. At least make an attempt at reading threads, in the right forum, and in your own thread.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2002
  4. mhatip

mhatip Member

Hey framerman, what are multiple angles?? Do you mean camera angles, are u refering to languages in the movie? Was i supposed strip away, the other languages and just keep the
    english language . I have seen it before where i selected which what language should be
    extracted, but forgot which program it was? Was it smart ripper.?? And can i use
    smart ripper instead of DVD Decryptor to extract the DVD.

Thanks.

5. framerman

framerman Regular member

I use dvd decrypter only. I have used smartripper, but I prefer decrypter. There's not anything better between the two really, just preference.

The angles, at least in Star Wars, is at the beginning of the movie where the story is scrolling on the screen before the action really starts. The movie switches angles here between english, french, and spanish words for users in different countries to read what is being said. If at the ripping process, you did not strip angles at the same time, you get this awful switching back and forth right at the beginning of the movie. It replays the same scene over and over three times (one for each language) until the action starts. So what happens is dvd2avi strips out the english audio in ac3 for a certain length. It has a timestamp encoded into the file. When you mux back, your audio is much shorter than your video because of these extra clips. Thus your error with frame syncing.

So the easiest way that I have found is just have the angles stripped in decrypter. I have mine set on angle 1 all the time. Angle 1 is usually defaulted to english in region 1. I'm sure there are instances where you shouldn't strip angles. If you don't have the original disc to rerip, then you can also strip out the angles in ifoedit, but I'm not sure that way works with Star Wars.