1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasabi 360 have added amazing feat, 'Automatic Drive Key Extraction' for their ODD Emulator

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by coorva, Jan 8, 2012.

1. coorva

coorva Regular member

So now no more need for 'special costly hardware' to get that unique 16byte HEX drive key, you just now 'plug & play' and enjoy the world of disc-less!

From the team that brought you the intuitive and immensely popular "virtual ISO" on-screen menu system for Xbox 360 optical disc drive emulators comes yet another world first - fully integrated, automatic drive key extraction.

With Wasabi 360 Ultra there is no need for expensive third party drive key extraction hardware: with a single press of a button on the Wasabi 360 control panel, the drive key is automatically extracted from your original ODD and saved to Wasabi 360 Ultra's onboard storage for future use.

And that's all you need to do - the previously saved drive key is retrieved and used automatically on each subsequent Xbox 360 boot. Simply plug and play -
    easy, fast, safe and convenient.

The automatic drive key extraction feature currently supports all Xbox Slim Liteon 16D4S drives, and support for the various Xbox Phat drives is currently under development.

Automatic drive key extraction for Xbox Slim's will be included in the upcoming v1.2 BETA 2 firmware release.

More details will follow on the Wasabi 360 Ultra website in the coming days, stay tuned.

Team Wasabi

this is not my post but i thought it would be a good read!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. CF01

CF01 Regular member

Any word on when this will be available?

3. snickle

snickle Regular member

Does anyone here have a wasabi? I'm sure as soon as the beta is out the xk3y team will copy their code and add that feature to their device. I wouldnt mind getting one of these wasabi's but I dont think many people are buying them and if they're not buying them then that means little money for the support team thus little incentive.

Anyone know more about these?

4. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

wasabi is not available yet, as far as copying there code, according to C4 they just copied the JF slim key code, so the coding is already available to them.

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Plus the wasabi relies 100% on the dash which can get patched out. Where the xkey has the wireless dongle and remote for still booting games even if the dash gets patched