1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wasting cd's... HELP?!?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by lovebuzz, Dec 3, 2003.

1. lovebuzz

lovebuzz Member

This is driving me nutz, Ive wasted about 7 cd-r's trying to burn svcd's from svcd-compliant mpg files using nero. The first files I tried burning were 795MB, 793MB and then I tried a smaller sized 682 MB file. It burns ok, I can even play it back on my pc.. but when I put it into my dvd player the length of the movie just shows up 34-39 minutes long, when it should be around 52 minutes long..!! So it just eats up 10-15 minutes of the movie from the end..
    I first used nero 5.5.9.14, then switched to 5.5.4.x, then to 6.0, then finally tried 5.5.10.2.. all gave me the same result!! I don't know what to do anymore...!!
    Can someone please help???????

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

How Fast do you Burn your SVCD"s?? Because you should Burn on the Lowest Speed like 4X or 8X at the fastest..What Can happen is that Because VCD/SVCD"s Have to Error correction Data(That is why you can fit 800mb on a 700mb CD-R)the Faster you burn the Disk the More error you get and at the end of the Disk is were you would get the most errors so that could be why your SVCD"s seem to end early..It could be that your DVD player doesn"t like that particular Brand of CD-R...You can also try useing a Different Burning/Authoring Program Like VCDEasy or even Ulead DVD Movie Factory (yes it supports (S)VCD"s and with Chapters,menu"s and scene selections)..well I hope you Figure it out...Good Luck

3. lovebuzz

lovebuzz Member

well ive tried burning at lower 10x speeds as well... but still no give :<
    i think ill try VCDEasy and other cd-r media as u suggested... thanks :)

4. lovebuzz

lovebuzz Member

allrite!! :> okay Ulead Movie Factory worked!! I can finally make my vcd's svcd's that my dvd player reads.., even though it takes really long on Ulead, but hey, something better then nothing ;) THANKS MINION! ure da best :)

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the reason why it is takeing so long in Ulead is because Ulead is Re-encodeing your Files which Greatly reduces the Final Quality but it does say something because it would only re-encode your Mpeg files if your Mpeg files were Not Properly encoded in the First Place which could be why you are haveing Problem in the First Place...