1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wat is the WEP???

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by minnie14, May 6, 2007.

1. minnie14

minnie14 Member

i went to a wesite that helps people connect the internet to the psp and it told me i needed the WEP but i dont know wat that is can u help me?

2. MagicCake

MagicCake Member

You might need a WEP key, but only if you're connecting to a wireless access point that happens to be using WEP encryption.

If the security on the access point is turned off, then don't worry about WEP at all. Everything should be pretty straightforward.

You do have some kind of access point, like a wireless router, right? Obviously that's the first step...

3. minnie14

minnie14 Member

wat is the security access point i dont kno im a gurl lolz and only 14 so i dont really kno wat im doin lolz so wat is the security access point and wat is the WEP encryption

4. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

Wireless acess point its a box with Antannas pokeing out of it....alright know ask your relatives ..who set that box with Antannas sticking out of it up When you find that person ask him or her what they set as the password for the wireless security... wright down the group of alpabets or numbers they may or may not tell you (may not)=parents or J4ck A55 brother (May) that geekky Looking neighbor that knows how to get around WEP.. if you live in Inwood FL. it might bee mee.. haha.......ahem....No but give it a try..alright if you cant do this i dont think any body on the site will take the time explain the technicallitys on (wep)(wpa) we just like to call it magic and leave it at that.... bye hope you find this helpfull

5. MagicCake

MagicCake Member

If you're trying to do this at home, it will probably go through a router. What that does is let multiple computers use your internet connection. Hopefully it's a wireless one. Ask someone else in your house if you have a wireless router, if you're not sure. If you don't, then you can't connect to the internet with your PSP from there.

If you do, security will most likely be turned off and WEP doesn't matter. When trying to connect with the PSP, you can just choose automatic settings. If security is turned on, then that's another story. I won't explain what to do right now if that's the case. Check if you've got the router in the first place and then come back.

6. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

quick answer : its a password for logging on to an access point

7. kpc

kpc Member

WEP is an acronym for:Wired Equivalent Privacy. yeah I googled that! and i'm 14 too!!!!!!!!!!!i have finals next week sigh :( (8th grade)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007