1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wat kind of mod is best 4 me??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gta3rules, Jan 16, 2005.

1. gta3rules

gta3rules Member

i have a normal ps2 and would prefer not to open up the box but can if nessesary

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Here is a fact, by using mod chip, you cannot play your back up online. But with swap disc, you can. Second, you will risk losing your warranty if you install a mod chip. Third swap disc is easy and cheap, why not use it instead?

Go swap magic I use it and its great

http://www.swapmagic3.com

3. gta3rules

gta3rules Member

ok thjanx for i will give it a try

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Unless you are really comformtable with soldering I say swap magic and a flip top is the easy way to go. Swaping discs kinda sucks but ruining your PS2 would suck more.

5. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Okay the "warranty" myth is just that. If you've had your PS2 longer than 90 days your warranty is void anyway. If your comfortable with a soldering iron then go mod chip. If your not then get Swap Magic. If you get Swap Magic though, I reccomend getting a fliptop case. If you get a fliptop, your gonna break that warranty sticker anyway. Now the slide card is a bit tricky, I do not reccomend that cause it will burn out the motor in your DVD drive. With the fliptop you never have to open the DVD drive. (Plus if your gonna spend 20 bucks on Swap Magic you might as well spend another 20 for a fliptop) I'm with Jizmak on the Swap Magic (probably the only thing we agree on ;) A good place to get a good deal on these is at www.clearxbox.com

6. KainX

KainX Guest

if you have a v12 you could just do the straw mod i do it but i don't use a straw anymore i made my own little device that stays in the system
    my secret

7. yum15

yum15 Member

Jizmak that is not correct. Alot of modchips now come with a switch to turn them on and off so u can use them with xboxlive

8. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

XBOXLIVE????

This is the ps2 forums.

Please READ the topic and KNOW WHAT YOUR TAKING ABOUT before correcting me.

*edit*----I love helping people

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  9. yum15

yum15 Member

Jiz I was just trying to correct u but I was wrong sorry about that I just didnt wan the guy thinking something wrong. Oh and you cut shut your childish a up. Because the language wasnt needed I was just wrong thankyou. I never said "F him hes wrong so dont listen" did i? no i stated that u were not totaly correct which u were. SO YOU CAN JUST GO CRY TO MOMMY

10. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

YOU POSTED IN THE WRONG FORUM
    You obviously didnt know what you were talking about
    AND TRIED TO CORRECT ME.

*edit*-----I love helping people.

Until then

11. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

well actually Jizmak, you can play your back up onlin wth a mochip with a few exceptions, and socom 2 being one of them. and you dont get the features of most modchips with swap magic. so, which mod is right for ou, only you can decide gta3, if you want extra features and not have to worry bout swapping out disks, if that doesnt bother you, get swap magic. but in the long run, i think modchips are worth it, specially if you get one like matrix or dms. goodday

12. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Then i have to know how to solder,
    have the equipment to do it.(small mm soldering tips <.035 mm).
    If you have done it then you know its NOT EASY.
    I like to make sure people know that before they
    Decide to go that route.

Plus some modchips add voltage to the laser
    burning it out quicker.

Ill stay with swapmagic.
    It takes an extra 10 seconds and its easy
    And cheap.

13. yum15

yum15 Member

So jiz there was a case when u also was wrong. Also I said you could of handeled it like a man if you are 30 instead of saying STFU. You acted like a little kid as, although you might be a man you can still do a little growing up :)

14. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Modchips are better but they are hard to do yourself .
    (unless your really good at soldering)

15. yum15

yum15 Member

Jizmak you are such a pathetic child.
    YOu keep saying Im wrong, although I have a dmitted it.
    and yes you also were wrong and the other guy corrected you but yet you still beliee that you know everything haha right
    But anyway Im leavin this thread

16. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

witht he new dms4 e.z.i.* you dont have to know how to solder, and they say it should take a newbie like 15 minutes to install, so now you have a modchip that you didnt have to worry bout messing up soldering, or paying 60-100+ bucks to have it sent somewhere to be installed. and best of all, still no swapping. and most modchips i believe can go online as long as you patch the DNAS.

*the dms4 e.z.i. requires your ps2 be v4 or up, so as long as you dont have v1-3 then you should be ok, if you do, then the swap magic or professional installation is the thing for you.

17. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Also do you have links to a non-soldering chip
    thanks

the link is here.http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/148627

18. yum15

yum15 Member

actually I do know many things about it just not much experience thankyou. And yet I didnt say I knew everything like you think you do. Every gives an answer thats saying your wrong but yet you say your still right? Give me a break.

19. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

How about yumster????

20. yum15

yum15 Member

Thanks for the heads up tho.

But yes i do think I will go with the dms4 EZI non soldering chip.

DMS4 E.Z.I. PRO Chip specs:

The SOLDERLESS REVOLUTION has arrived. DMS4 E.Z.I Professional offers amateur coders and developers the ability to boot "Homebrew" applications on their console, for development purposes. Furthermore DMS4 Pro allows you to watch Multi-region DVD's on your system. Compatibility is comprehensive (PAL/JAP/USA V4-V11). The DMS4 E.Z.I. Pro has all the features of the standard DMS4 E.Z.I, further it boasts enhanced security, larger flash memory (2MB for storage of Homebrew Apps) and will have extra features added in software at no extra cost in future update builds. All this from a 100% SOLDERLESS, CLIP ON, PLUG and PLAY solution!

100% Solderless

Use the advanced Japanese precision micro molded interconnects and our unique eject signal adapter to provide reliable connection to the main E.Z.I. module.

Auto-detect and boot of all media types

DMS4 will automatically detect whether a PS1, PS2 CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD9 or DVD+RW (Homebrew Elf's), original domestic CD/DVD is inserted and then boot it without any interaction from the user.

High capacity flash

We now use a 2MB flash in our design to accomodate future flash upgrades with enhancements and extra integrated features.

Unrivaled boot success rate and compatibility

The boot rate of DMS4 is nigh on 100%. The DMS4 Supports V4-V11 USA, JAP and PAL

Flash upgrade via CD

The popular CD flash upgrade first introduced by DMS3 and has been retained offering a choice of firmware upgrade options.

DVD region Free with RCE support.

Watch all region DVD movies on your PS2.

Colour Fix

Force the colour mode to your choice.

Screen Fix

Green screen removed for Playback of DVD Movies.

DEV.olution Mode 1

Load appliactions and software from your PS2 Memory card using our specially integrated DEV.olution mode.

DEV.olution Mode 2

Load applications and software from your PS2 HDD using our specially integrated software. DEV.olution 2 is the successor to DEV.olution 1 mode.

Software Modchip disable

Disable the Modchip in software by pushing Square on the Joypad.

Truly Intelligent Modchip

The E.Z.I. range of Modchips use an advanced Logic design and LED staus display panel to detect and indicate the connection of each patching line and the patching signal integrity. This is a World's first!

Package contents:

BIOS clip 50 pin Gap/No Gap x1
    DSP clip 208 pin x1
    Eject PCB assembly V9/v10 x1
    Eject PCB assembly V5-V8 x1
    E.Z.I. LED Test panel X1
    E.Z.I. Pro main board x1
    Eject cable x1
    E.Z.I. Test Panel FFC cable x1

DMS4 E.Z.I. Chip specs:

After the amazing success of the DMS3 Modchip, we decided it was time to offer innovation, reliability, ease of installation and superb compatibility but at reduced cost. The DMS4 E.Z.I. is ideal for users who require a reliable and feature packed Modchip at a reasonable price. All this from a 100% SOLDERLESS, CLIP ON, PLUG and PLAY solution!
    Check our specifications below:

Auto-detect and boot of all media types

DMS4 will automatically detect whether a PS1, PS2 CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD9 or DVD+RW (containing Homebrew Elf's), original domestic CD/DVD is inserted and then boot it without any interaction from the user.

100% Solderless

Use the advanced Japanese precision micro molded interconnects and our unique Eject signal adapter to provide reliable connection to the main E.Z.I. module.

Unrivaled boot success rate and compatibility

The boot rate of DMS4 is nigh on 100%. The DMS4 Supports V4-V11 USA, JAP and PAL

Flash upgrade via CD

The popular CD flash upgrade first introduced by DMS3 and has been retained offering a choice of firmware upgrade options.

DVD region Free with RCE support.

Watch all region DVD movies on your PS2.

Colour Fix

Force the colour mode to your choice.

Screen Fix

Green screen removed for Playback of DVD Movies.

DEV.olution Mode 1

Load appliactions and software from your PS2 Memory card using our specially integrated DEV.olution mode.

DEV.olution Mode 2

Load applications and software from your PS2 HDD using our specially integrated software. DEV.olution 2 is the successor to DEV.olution 1 mode.

Software Modchip disable

Disable the Modchip in software by pushing Square on the Joypad.

Truly Intelligent Modchip

The E.Z.I. range of Modchips use an advanced Logic design and LED staus display panel to detect and indicate the connection of each patching line and the patching signal integrity. This is a World's first!

-----------------------------------------------------

DMS4 mod-chip, but you didn't want to risk soldering one into your PS2 console? Well, now you can have the best of BOTH worlds- introducing the DMS4 E.Z.I. (Effort Zero Installation), the world´s first truly solderless mod-chip for the PS2 console! After 18 months of exhausting development using the latest in Japanese Micro Molding Technology, the DMS4 Team has achieved what most said to be impossible- a 100% solderless, auto-boot/auto-detect, and truly intelligent and revolutionary mod-chip for PS2!

Connection is achieved through a DSP (Digital Signal Processor) clip, BIOS clip, and Eject signal FFC adapter facilitating ease of connection through Plug and Play Technology. The E.Z.I. Lite and Pro are the first chips developed that successfully implement an advanced signal integrity detection system, and include an E.Z.I. LED panel to display the signal status of each and every signal required for successful patching.

The self-test system will display a Green LED status for each and every pin which is correctly connected to the PS2, and a Red LED will indicate to the user that he has not connected the BIOS, DSP, or Eject connection assemblies correctly, and identify precisely which terminal has an issue too! Of course the DMS4 E.Z.I. mod-chips preserve the full array of features offered by their solder installation brethren: The 2MB flash memory offered by the Pro is more than sufficient for storage and management of many Homebrew applications, whilst the Lite version allows the user to auto boot all media types and manage applications through DEV.olution Mode 1 or 2.

Finally, the PS2 E.Z.I. mod-chips include everything required to connect to PS2 versions v5-v11, and a PSTwo (v12) version is under development for release early in the new year as well! The DMS4 E.Z.I. chips go on sale at the end of November, and those interested can PRE-ORDER yours shortly from www.Divineo.com! Attached below are several thumbnails that link to HIGH-RES exclusive pics of the DMS4 E.Z.I. completely solderless PS2 mod-chip. Enjoy!