1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wat Software...........

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macca1990, Jan 31, 2005.

1. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

Hi Here's My Problem.... I Am Trying To Burn Dvd's Using tmpenc Author to write dvds but it only recognizes m-peg files and most of my things r just ordinary video files not m-pegs I have tried dvd santa but it only allows me to convert to dvd and i wish 2 be able 2 use tmpenc authour writer i hav also tried winavi but it is no good so can anyone plzzzzz think of an alternative 4 free?????? thnx

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You have to run your avi through TMPGEnc to get to Mpeg so that TMPGEnc DVD Author can take it from Mpeg to VOB format.

If you wish, you could always use DivXToDVD which will allow you to choose either full screen OR letterbox and will take you from AVI to DVD ready to burn . . .

http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

Enjoy,

Pete

3. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

No That Is The Problem My Files Are Not Avi When I Try To Convert Them Using Tmpenc Author I Have To Add File OR dvd Source And Wen I go to add it will only let me add mpegs????? All I Need Is A Program That Simple Turns Normal Video Files To Mpeg

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Dvd author wont turn your vob files into mpegs
    Try typing... dvd to mpeg.. in your search window,you'll see that there are many programs that will do this for you.
    Heres a couple for you:http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2svcd_with_tmpgenc.cfm
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2vcd_with_smart_dvd2avi_tmpgenc.cfm
    Since im just guessing what you want to do,the first link is for mpeg2 and the second is for mpeg1

Hey scubapete,whats up? I love that trials-shack link LOL

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  5. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

ok i Will try that But does no one now a programe that simple turns normal video files into mpegs!!!!! There must be 1 at least keep in mind though i do not want 2 have 2 use dvdsanta or winavi

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

OK, I'll bite, What exactly is a, "Normal Video File" ?

I've heard of RAR, Zip, Bin/Cue, AVI, VCD, SVCD, MPEG2, DVR, WMV, MPEG 2 DVD compatible, ISO or VOB's BUT I've not heard of your, "Normal Video Files."

Thank you in advance for that information . . .

7. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

It Is A WMV File But It Needs To Be A Mpeg Ive Already tried dvd santa Winavi But i need a simple wmv to mpeg program????

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

WMV = Windows Media Video

It plays fine unless you're running a MAC.

NOW, we could answer your question but I know that you'd want to find it yourself rather than have someone just hand it to you, soooo, I'll try to help you around our rather confusing "Search" feature so you can learn how it's done. Next time, you'll have it down pat . . ., OK ? Kweel . . . .

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a "Search" engine. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question -
    Here, I'll show you how to use it -
    Now the following may seem confusing so stick with me, ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each and every page that is empty and has by it the word "Search." By typing in a request, in your case, " WMV to DVD " - It should give you some "Hit's" from "Goggle" and AfterDawn for helpful programs designed to aid you with the work you're trying to do. Under that, you'll see different threads throughout our forum that may answer in greater detail questions that you may have dealing with your project. Answers to questions from people who are doing the same thing as you or something very similar. You'll find lots you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You still with me ? Good !
    Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want (and that's unlikely), then, under the word "Forum" and "Forum Search," in some very small print, you'll see "Search options" then "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Ya still with me ? Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " WMV to DVD ". It requires you to ask a question and some mousie clicks on your part but now that you know where things are, it s/b pretty easy to do and we do have a lot of information for you :)

Now that you see how it's done, I'll show you what I found in just a few seconds ~

http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/forum_search_results.cfm

(Which does in fact take WMV to DVD's)

Cheers,

9. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

HI I Understand Wat Ur Saying But I Dont Want WMV to DVD I Need A Simple Free Programe That Turns WMV to Mpeg With No 50% Conversion Limits

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

So sorry - I thought you wanted something that would play after burning -

My Bad -

I know of nothing that is free, easy and to make matters worse, I was under the impression that dvd Santa cost $$$$. When you said Free, did you mean something that costs the same as dvd Santa ?

Sorry a second time, I don't know what a 50% conversion is unless you wish to do a job 1/2 of the way - again I cannot help - Generally pple want to do a complete job not just part of a job -

Perhaps there are others that may lend you some aid -

Cheers,

Pete