1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch ripped dvd on hard drive

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by pembleton, Oct 15, 2004.

1. pembleton

pembleton Member

Hey All,

I am taking my laptop on a long flight and I thought since I would only be able to watch one DVD before battery runs out I would rip a few of my DVDs to the hard drive and watch them there. Forgive my newness but....when I ripped DVD to hard drive it put them in folders full of (seemingly) unwatchable files. Is there a way to watch them. Is it possible to rip to hard drive and play directly from there

Thanks,
    pembleton

2. dfiddy

dfiddy Guest

If this is a mac powerbook related question then here is an answer. First rip the dvd using either Mactheripper or DVDBackup (Backup is what i use and works great). With that done you will have a couple new folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS go into "DVD player" application that comes with your mac if you have a dvd-rom and simply ---->File----->Open TS_VIDEO folder----> and then select your newly created VIDEO_TS folder created by one of the two programs above...That should work. If you run into any problems post back.

3. pembleton

pembleton Member

worked perfectly...thanks