1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAV audio files to dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pieman, Feb 29, 2004.

1. pieman

pieman Regular member

hi guys, really struggling at the mo.Im using nero 5.5 latest update and i want to put wav files onto dvd to play as audio on my portable dvd player.nero doesnt offer this option-'dvd-audio'.Any help welcomed!!

2. malum

malum Regular member

It doesn't offer the option because you can't do it.
    In order to do it you'd have to create a video track (all black to keep it small) and insert a wav that has to be upconverted to 48khz to be DVD compliant.

AFAIK (and I don't have any) DVD audio is a completely different format to DVD video.

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

DVD-Audio is totally different to DVD-Video.
    IF you really want to do this, I recommend downloading the trial version of Adobe EncoreDVD.
    You'll get 30 days to find out if you like it or not before it times out, but you will be able to use 16/48 audio or Dolby Digital audio in here, put the audio on it's own timeline, and burn to DVD without having to create videoblack as Encore will do this automatically (found that out by accident when I forgot to add video tracks to a timeline once!)

IF you need 16/44.1 or 24 bit in any form, you must get DVDA.
    There is a very cheap version of minnetonka's discwelder coming out, discwelder Bronze, that will let you author (cut down) DVDA discs for $99.

Go to www.discwelder.com for more info, or email me privately offlist. (I author DVDA for a living)