1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wav files to reg cd-r

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by hrygeek, Oct 24, 2003.

1. hrygeek

hrygeek Guest

I have used the search feature and I am just not getting it. I want to convert wav files to reg audio files that I can burn to a cd (not an mp3 player) and listen to them.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

You want an ordinary audio CD for use in standalone CD players - or have I missed something? Most burning software can do this, e.g. Nero or Burrrn (free).

3. hrygeek

hrygeek Guest

I copied sine waves to my hard drive in wav format (no pun intended). I then burned a cd to play in my truck. It would not read the disc.

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

If the disc is recognized and played back as audio CD by other devices, it's all right. You could try other media (CD-R might work better than CD-RW) and/or lower burning speed.

If other burned audio CDs play well in your truck there's probably something wrong about the way this disc is created. What software/settings did you use for burning? What sample rate/bit depth are these .wav files? (Many audio players will show, e.g. foobar2000.) Have you tried other burning software? - Some free burning software:
    - Exact Audio Copy - burns audio only. If there's something wrong with the source files it'll let you know
    - Burrrn

I have no more ideas - it it doesn't help you need to give a more detailed description of what you did (what software used etc.).

5. hrygeek

hrygeek Guest

I got it to play. I first copied it with CREATECD. That was the cd that didn't work. I then copied it with Roxio and it worked just fine. Guess it was a software problem. Thank you for trying to help.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Also note that not all non-computer cd players may not recognize CDR(W) discs although it is rare nowadays to find a player that doesnt recognize CDR.