1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WAV to AC3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by spmurph, Mar 16, 2005.

1. spmurph

spmurph Member

Can anyone reccomend a good program for converting my wav file the i have after using tmpgenc? im pretty sure i have to convert it to ac3 but im not sure. please help

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. spmurph

spmurph Member

it still plays in my dvd player with no sound. do i have to convert it to mp2?

4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What DVD player are you using (Model number and Brand)? Most DVD players play AC3, Mp2, and PCM audio formats. Are you putting the AC3 file on a CD-R/RW or a DVD-/+R/RW? I can say that my DVP-642 /37 can play AC3 files from DVDs and CD-Rs.

Ced

5. spmurph

spmurph Member

im using a sony. its a good quality player but for some reason it wont play the audio. i converted the .avi with tmpgenc into a mpv and wav files. then authored them using IFO edit. burned using nero and nothing. the original file works in windows media so i dont know what the issue could be. maybe because i didnt extract the ac3 to begin with? i even converted the wav to ac3 but that didnt work either. i must be making some simple mistake, please help. oh yeah, i burned to a ritek dvd-r.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  6. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Is the your sony player even recognizing that there are AC3 files on the DVD-R? My sony doesn't play AC3 files out side of the .VOB container but my Philips does. Basicly what I'm saying is that if I played a movie with an AC3 sound track it would work fine but an AC3 stream by itself won't be recognized. My philips doesn't care how the AC3 file is. I don't think you will get it to play.

Ced

7. spmurph

spmurph Member

so should i try and convert my .wav to a .m2?

8. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Go ahead. I have never needed to do so, so I don't know if that will work or not. I still don't think that the sony player will recognize the .mp2 file as it did with the .AC3 file.